A place where Big Stone Lake (and surrounding) area citizens can discuss area news, events and matters of concern.

PortalHomeCalendarGalleryFAQSearchLog inRegister

Share | 

Milbank did you ever consider?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
mouthpiece
Power Poster
Power Poster

Number of posts : 721
Registration date : 2008-05-15

PostSubject: Milbank did you ever consider?   Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:04 am

In the last few weeks one of the most vibrant threads has to deal with the coaching in Ortonville. At about the same time, I was approached by a number of educators in Milbank who had concerns that with the declining population that it was getting harder to compete, athletically.

I have personally witnessed the complaint. Larger schools have the luxury of having an athlete specialize in one sport, spending year around developing skills for one sport. Smaller schools do not have this luxury and the athletes particpate in multiple sports.

Now here is the problem, the parents in these smaller communities expect to win and when the school has difficulty winning the parents blame the coach.

I think it takes patience for the parents and understanding for the parents to accept this demographic change.

Frankly, it is another reason to look for jobs in Milbank to avoid the population declines.

Again, I point out that we may be too far along in Ortonville, but Milbank should use the experiences in Ortonville to avoid the same pitfalls.

Letís work together in bringing jobs to the area. It will help to improve our schools and our communities.
Back to top Go down

Milbank did you ever consider?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Big Stone Lake Area Community Forums :: Lets talk: Regional News and topics of interest-
Jump to: