Big Stone Lake Area Community Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place where Big Stone Lake (and surrounding) area citizens can discuss area news, events and matters of concern.

PortalHomeGalleryWhy can't Ortonville grow? Coolte22Latest imagesSearchWhy can't Ortonville grow? Coolte24Log inRegister

Why can't Ortonville grow?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
mouthpiece
Power Poster
Power Poster
mouthpiece

Number of posts : 721
Registration date : 2008-05-15

Why can't Ortonville grow? Empty
PostSubject: Why can't Ortonville grow?   Why can't Ortonville grow? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 13, 2009 7:47 am

Last night I attended the City of Milbank's regularly scheduled monthly meeting. One couldn't help but notice the enormous difference between the attitude of the council vs. what is constantly occurring in Ortonville.

In everything the Milbank council did, guided by the City Administrator, there was a constant effort by Jason Kettwig to not be arbitrary and attempt to be fair. This is contrary to David Lang who forms opinions and then attempts to convince the Mayor and a few cigar smoking cronies, he (Mr. Lang) is right. There is little attempt to listen to both sides and Lang gives the appearance of being arbitrary and caprcious. What would you expect? Mr. Lang does not even live in the city. Unlike the rest of the citizens of Ortonville, he leaves every night and can forget the harm he has caused others.

The other thing that was very apparent is that Ortonville has more laws and fewer people. Is there a co-relationship? Absolutely!

Ortonville has too many committees with unelected participants, too many zoning ordinances and as a result people can move just a few miles, avoid a income tax and build a home with few restrictions. Ortonville is over regulating and needs to make changes.

Finally, Milbank honored the policemen who went beyond the call of duty. Milbank is buying real equipment hoping to save a life or be on the scene a little faster. Ortonville cannot even afford a decent room or a secretary.

The difference for the voters appears to be the City Administrator. We need a change and the Mayoral candidate who promotes this change is the one voters should support.

Mayor Johnson answer the real issues questions instead of the cushy questions presented by Mr. Lang and Vicki Oakes.
Back to top Go down
Vicki Oakes
Vicki Oakes

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2008-10-02

PostSubject: Re: Why can't Ortonville grow?   Why can't Ortonville grow? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 13, 2009 6:37 pm

Wow! I realize you are always on the look out for an opportunity to slur my name on this site... but really - how does my name fit into this topic!? I have not asked questions of Blair - have no idea what you are talking about! But hey - guess you got a trashy dig on me... or so you seem to assume.
Back to top Go down
mouthpiece
Power Poster
Power Poster
mouthpiece

PostSubject: Vicki You are Hiding Again but your name is all over it!   Why can't Ortonville grow? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 13, 2009 7:26 pm

I think you totally missed the point. As Ortonville's Chamber of Commerce pretends to promote a positive business climate, you have single handedly distracted end elimnated jobs in this community. Your name is all over the websites you create and now you are saying you have nothing to do with these websites. I would encourage you to talk about the posts other than your personal interests. Why is it you can take gossipy stuff to coffee shops and the Chamber and when the truth about you is disclosed you are offended.

You have two standards. It is okay for you to gossip about others. Perhaps you should include that on your church website. Gossip hurts a lot of people, including me.

But now that I have answered your question, answer mine. Why is your boss still living elsewhere? Why?

People need to be held accountable and when they don't even live in the community they are not accountable and when the offend most of the constituents it is time to go.

The point is that a good city adminstrator and a good council listen and are not arbitrary. They listen and have compassion. Ortonville can be gossipy and can be a mean community behind the backs of its citizens.
Back to top Go down
Vicki Oakes
Vicki Oakes

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2008-10-02

PostSubject: Re: Why can't Ortonville grow?   Why can't Ortonville grow? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 13, 2009 8:12 pm

No, you did not anwer my question. How did my name fit into this topic? I have not asked Blair any questions.

I have as much to say about where my boss lives as I have to say about where you live. nothing.
Back to top Go down
mouthpiece
Power Poster
Power Poster
mouthpiece

PostSubject: You Missed the Point   Why can't Ortonville grow? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2009 7:42 am

We need to grow and promote our community and be an inclusive community instead of an exclusive community. We need to look at policies.

The Milbank City Adminstrator looked for solutions of problems in way to assist people. He does not approach a problem based on power. I can make the decision and I am going to make the decision. I do not care who I hurt. This is the current adminstration's plan of action.

Then we build a bunch of websites claiming to promote a positive atmosphere when behind the backs of people we gossip. This gossip is a negative business atmosphere. Then when you are caught gossiping and controlling the news, you pretend to be a victim. In your path are ten victims. Someone needs to change.

I am not going to draw a picture for you, but I have taken pictures of your websites that ask the questions. If you would like to advertise on this website you can pay the same price as our advertisers. I suspect that is your real motive for your acclamations.

It is time to be transparent instead of taking people behind thier backs. Good government responds to the people. Bad government acts arbitrarily without the support of its citizens. You are currently involved in bad government. You are either part of the solution or part of the problem.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why can't Ortonville grow?   Why can't Ortonville grow? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Why can't Ortonville grow?
Page 1 of 1