A place where Big Stone Lake (and surrounding) area citizens can discuss area news, events and matters of concern.

PortalHomeCalendarGalleryFAQSearchLog inRegister

Share | 

Why the vulgarity?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
mouthpiece
Power Poster
Power Poster

Number of posts : 721
Registration date : 2008-05-15

PostSubject: Why the vulgarity?   Tue Oct 27, 2009 6:46 pm

This site has placed Milbank, Big Stone City, Ortonville, Odessa, Clinton and Graceville on the world wide web on a variety of sites. This being pictures and videos.

Can you believe that people who disagree with this site would go to places like You Tube and place vulgarities and negative comments.

Cussing and swearing are signs of weak intellect and shows a lack of grammatical skills.

You just hurt your own community.

I am always surprised how cowardly our opposition is. If you do not have the courage to say it to me personally you are a coward.

You are hurting young people and children. How courageous?
Back to top Go down
MeowMix

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2009-10-24

PostSubject: Why the vulgarity?   Tue Oct 27, 2009 9:52 pm

mouthpiece, I am not sure what you are referring to - I don't see
any vulgarities or cussing?
Back to top Go down
mouthpiece
Power Poster
Power Poster

Number of posts : 721
Registration date : 2008-05-15

PostSubject: Why do we allow this?   Wed Oct 28, 2009 1:41 pm

Please look at this site. Two of us have to suffer because the community who are in power and want to maintain power resort to gossip and vandalism.

I will not disclose where the vulgarities were located but we have notified proper authorities of the vulgarities. I do not wish to have similar attempts and want to believe like I have always believed.

Ortonville has a tremendous number of good people. Somehow Ortonville does not elect good or allow good people to rise to leadership roles.

I was a friend of the mayor and attempted to talk to him privately about the rudeness and decisions that were being made. He blew me off and people still came in to see me.

In the twenty years, I have rarely been to a city hall meeting. I did once appear to complain about the awful zoning rules in Ortonville.

In the last four years I have made numerous appearances. Can you imagine law enforcement knocking on my door because a city Councilmen was parking the wrong way on a state highway? Then a second councilman intervened and wanted the chief hauled to the carpet. Two men took on law enforcement and have continued to take on law enforcement.

Then the elderly for a variety of reasons came to see me because of the way they were treated and I can go on and on and on.

When I did appear I was told that people did not need a lawyer and the mayor demanded to talk to my client in an open meeting. I was constantly interrupted and David Lang refused to answer questions. The mayor blindly stood behind David Lang.

We need change. Where did the town with a heart go? I represented citizens of the community. Old, young, employees and just my friends have been forced to appear in front of this city council. This group in control of the city is rude, loud and self-serving. They thrive on nepotism and favoritism and now are attacking through gossip, another victim.

In the last few years my office has been threatened attempts to take away my license have occurred and vandalism has occurred on my property. In some ways I have been run out of town.

These actions only make me want to help my friends more. Gossip, vandalism, rumors and rude are the way this group has stayed in power. They bully the innocent to be in control.

I appeal to the better people of this community, my friends, my clients and others. If this continues no one will want to move to this community and we will not have to worry about retention.

To Ms. Doren I apologize for the rest of this community.

Last edited by mouthpiece on Wed Oct 28, 2009 3:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
angdoren

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2009-10-15

PostSubject: Re: Why the vulgarity?   Wed Oct 28, 2009 2:42 pm

Mouthpiece,
Thank you, but, there is no need for you to apoligize for anyone. WHomever started these rumors knows who they are. Every town ahs one or tow memebrs that enjoy causing pain to others. I know what my morals are, my intentions, and my goals. That is all I care about. When it comes to my husband and children being affected, it becomes a larger issue.
I appreciate all your kind thoughts and wishes.
Back to top Go down
http://www.angeladoren.community.officelive.com
Lady Hawk
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 622
Job/hobbies : Wife/Mother
Registration date : 2008-05-16

PostSubject: Re: Why the vulgarity?   Thu Oct 29, 2009 10:14 am

Thanks angdoren for bringing this out. It takes courage and determination to stand up to these things and those are qualities to be admired in leadership.

What angdoren and mouthpiece have done on this thread and on the thread Political Rumors is show what "personal attacks" are like. It has often bemused me that from time to time some people would come on this website and charge it with making personal attacks, because feelings were hurt, when what actually happened was that the actions of public servants in the line of their duty was being told.

What this thread and the thread on Political Rumors has shown is that "personal attacks" are just that, personal. To disparage a family of a candidate is one way to personally attack. Another way is to try to pull the license of a professional so that he can't work. Is it justified to try to pull the license of a professional because you don't like his opinions?

Those are examples of personal attacks. Remember that the next time someone comes on this site making foolish accusations.

Our citizens may be deceived for awhile, and have been deceived;
but as long as the presses can be protected,
we may trust to them for light.
- Thomas Jefferson
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why the vulgarity?   

Back to top Go down

Why the vulgarity?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Big Stone Lake Area Community Forums :: Lets talk: Regional News and topics of interest-
Jump to: