Big Stone Lake Area Community Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place where Big Stone Lake (and surrounding) area citizens can discuss area news, events and matters of concern.

PortalHomeGalleryRepresentative Falk Town Meetings Coolte22Latest imagesSearchRepresentative Falk Town Meetings Coolte24Log inRegister

Representative Falk Town Meetings

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Reporter
Super Poster
Super Poster
Reporter

Number of posts : 241
Job/hobbies : Report the news.
Registration date : 2009-08-04

Representative Falk Town Meetings Empty
PostSubject: Representative Falk Town Meetings   Representative Falk Town Meetings Icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2010 5:38 pm

January 22, 2010

The 2010 legislative session will be underway in less than two weeks. This year, legislators will address some of the most difficult challenges our state has faced in decades. We are again facing a budget shortfall, and 250,000 Minnesotans remain unemployed. Job creation and balancing the budget will be our top priorities for this session.

Members of the House are not waiting for session to get started. House Finance Chairs are already meeting with their committees to consider the impact of another deficit, and to find areas they can make cuts. Once again, the focus is on trying to avoid cuts that will eliminate jobs. The Governor indicated he will present his budget proposal at the beginning of session. We will consider his cuts, and also propose a budget of our own. Reaching agreement on the state budget will without a doubt be difficult, and I know others share my hope for collaboration and compromise. This year, with so much at stake, it will be more important than ever that we come together and work toward a common goal of improving the lives of our fellow Minnesotans and bringing economic stability back to our state.

The Capital Investment Committee is also meeting, examining the list of bonding requests as they put together a targeted and comprehensive bill. I have presented a proposal for a new wind turbine training facility on the Canby campus that will be heard in committee next week. I remain hopeful we can reach agreement on a bonding bill early in the session so we can take full advantage of the spring construction season.

And one final reminder, I will be hosting town hall meetings beginning next week. The schedule is below and I look forward to seeing you soon!

Monday, January 25, 1:00 p.m., Ortonville Library

Tuesday, January 26, 9:30 a.m., Hendricks Hospital

Tuesday, January 26, 1:00 p.m., Ivanhoe City Hall

Wednesday, January 27, 2:00 p.m. Appleton City Hall, Council Chambers

Thursday, January 28, 9:30 a.m., DeToys Restaurant, Madison

Thursday, January 28, 1:00 p.m., Dawson Library

Tuesday, February 2, 10:00 a.m., Benson City Hall

Saturday, February 13, 11:00 a.m., PK Egans, Canby
Back to top Go down

Representative Falk Town Meetings
Page 1 of 1