Big Stone Lake Area Community Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place where Big Stone Lake (and surrounding) area citizens can discuss area news, events and matters of concern.

PortalHomeGalleryThink Spring!!! Coolte22Latest imagesSearchThink Spring!!! Coolte24Log inRegister

Think Spring!!!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Zorro
Advanced Member
Advanced Member
Zorro

Number of posts : 112
Job/hobbies : Education/Animal Rescue
Registration date : 2009-03-15

Think Spring!!! Empty
PostSubject: Think Spring!!!   Think Spring!!! Icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2010 10:11 pm

Heres something definitely worth getting into. Sure, it's cold. Sure, it's cloudy. Sure, it's the dead of Winter, but it's time to get a clean sheet of paper and a freshly sharpened pencil and PLAN YOUR GARDEN.

And why is that so much fun? Two words -- Lou's Greenhouse!!!!

Last year, my tomatoes grew to nearly eight feet tall, and were more red than green. My neighbors and brother, who did not make the trek to Lou's? Not so good.

This year, maybe nine feet and HUNDREDS of perfect tomatoes! See you soon, Lou!!!
Zorro Think Spring!!! 961681
Back to top Go down
Zorro
Advanced Member
Advanced Member
Zorro

Number of posts : 112
Job/hobbies : Education/Animal Rescue
Registration date : 2009-03-15

Think Spring!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Think Spring!!!   Think Spring!!! Icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2010 12:44 pm

I was so excited about my tomatoes that I neglected to mention the annuals, perrenials and baskets. I got some of each at several other locations before visiting Lou's, and as the summer wore on, it was easy to sort out Lou's -- they were the hardy, larger, brighter plants that didn't wilt in the sun. It was quite an unexpected experiment -- I should have taken pictures. This year, the whole yard will be ablaze with gifts from Lou's. Try you own experiment -- the care and quality standards at Lou's really make a difference. Why did I ever buy anywhere else?
Zorro
Back to top Go down
MeowMix
MeowMix

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2009-10-24

Think Spring!!! Empty
PostSubject: Lou's Greenhouse is the Best!   Think Spring!!! Icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2010 2:21 pm

You are so right about Lou's Greenhouse - I don't know how they manage to have
the biggest, hardiest plants I have ever seen, but they do! They have the most
amazing wave petunias I have ever grown - they trailed 3 feet for me, and were
so thick with flowers you could hardly see the green leaves! They are the ultimate choice for a hanging basket.

I also bought a "topsy-turvy" tomato planter from Lou. I planted a cherry tomato plant in it, and found that the secret for hanging tomatoes is to put a long dowel
or stick through the top, the soil, and out from the bottom about two feet.
You then stake the tomato stalk to the dowel with strips of cut pantyhose
to give the tomato something to protect it from the winds. I also found it had to
be watered every day, and I had hanging cherry tomatoes all season.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Think Spring!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Think Spring!!!   Think Spring!!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Think Spring!!!
Page 1 of 1