A place where Big Stone Lake (and surrounding) area citizens can discuss area news, events and matters of concern.

PortalHomeCalendarGalleryFAQSearchLog inRegister

Share | 

Why Does Independent adoption cost so much

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
tweety_56278

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2009-03-01

PostSubject: Why Does Independent adoption cost so much   Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:51 pm

I was contacted by a friend of mine who has a friend in Florida who is pregnant with twins. The gal is only 17 and already has two kids, She wants to go back to school but wont be able to with twins so she was going to abort them until she met me and my husband well now i find out that big stone county doesnt even do home studys and they contract out well to have one done it will cost any where from 500 dollars to 1000 dollars, yeah living in ortonville I dont have that kind of cash just lying around. So my question for people is why is it they charge so much for someone to come in and decide weather i am a good mom and my husband a good dad, if the gal thinks I am that should be good enough dont ya think.
Back to top Go down
Lady Hawk
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 622
Job/hobbies : Wife/Mother
Registration date : 2008-05-16

PostSubject: Re: Why Does Independent adoption cost so much   Fri Mar 12, 2010 6:10 pm

There are a lot of costs and red tape involved in adoptions. For the couples willing to go through it there is a great reward. One area that may help with some of the costs is your local church. This is a strong pro-life community and there are churches that may be willing to help with the expenses. Catholic Family Services may be able to help or at least give you a reference to check somewhere else. There are many organizations that help mothers and one could easily imagine that there would also be assistance for couples who want to adopt children.

I hope things go well for you. Keep up posted as to how things are progressing. Hearts

Our citizens may be deceived for awhile, and have been deceived;
but as long as the presses can be protected,
we may trust to them for light.
- Thomas Jefferson
Back to top Go down

Why Does Independent adoption cost so much
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1