Big Stone Lake Area Community Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place where Big Stone Lake (and surrounding) area citizens can discuss area news, events and matters of concern.

PortalHomeGalleryWhere is the Baseball Field? Coolte22Latest imagesSearchWhere is the Baseball Field? Coolte24Log inRegister

Where is the Baseball Field?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
mouthpiece
Power Poster
Power Poster
mouthpiece

Number of posts : 721
Registration date : 2008-05-15

Where is the Baseball Field? Empty
PostSubject: Where is the Baseball Field?   Where is the Baseball Field? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 22, 2010 7:15 am

I regularly hear adults from our small towns ask, "Why don't our children come back?" It is a well accepted statistics that our small communities spend thousands of dollars on each child educating them and they seldom return.

Some would say, "Who Cares?" and others would say, "What can we do about it?"

Rarely have I seen such a flagrant disregard for children as I see in Big Stone City's new city council.

About fours ago I appeared in front of the city council and agreed to help raise money for their baseball field. The entire council was in favor of the project.

The money was raised, about $10,000 and nothing was done. Each year I have complained and now I am told that nothing will be done again this year, except someone thinks it is really important to move the out house.

Thousands of dollars have been spent on a new liquor store and gossip about a new senior citizens center.

There is nothing for children in Big Stone City. I guess we had a more unselfish council that believed in our children a few years ago.

This council is going backwards and is willing to spend more on beer than their children.
Back to top Go down

Where is the Baseball Field?
Page 1 of 1