Big Stone Lake Area Community Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place where Big Stone Lake (and surrounding) area citizens can discuss area news, events and matters of concern.

PortalHomeGalleryHas Baseball Been Revitalized? Coolte22Latest imagesSearchHas Baseball Been Revitalized? Coolte24Log inRegister

Has Baseball Been Revitalized?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
mouthpiece
Power Poster
Power Poster
mouthpiece

Number of posts : 721
Registration date : 2008-05-15

Has Baseball Been Revitalized? Empty
PostSubject: Has Baseball Been Revitalized?   Has Baseball Been Revitalized? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 22, 2010 9:38 pm

This past Tuesday night, two VFW teams 13-14 year olds and 15-16 year olds, were left without a field to practice. This happens almost every year. The American Legion team was playing on the high school field and a young baseball team was playing on the softball field behind the baseball field.

I knew that this was a potential problem so I had earlier contacted Big Stone City to see if their field was available. The Pee Wees were scheduled to play a game on their field. Many times over the years the VFW team has had to practice in Rosen. The Rademachers have been tremendous host in Rosen and this small community has helped promote baseball in the area.

We decided to have a short practice. This letter is not to complain but to point out how baseball has been revitalized in this area.

I cannot say thank-you enough to the VFW in Ortonville and the American Legion in Big Stone City. These men and women have given so much to their country and when they return they continue to give. There is seldom a word said. I want to thank-you for your continued unselfishness to serve our young people.

Let me say thank-you. Playing ball on this night alone at three fields of the high school, three fields at Northridge and one field in Big Stone City were over 120 baseball and softball players. These communities are promoting baseball and should be proud of the number of children and parents who participate in baseball.
Back to top Go down

Has Baseball Been Revitalized?
Page 1 of 1