A place where Big Stone Lake (and surrounding) area citizens can discuss area news, events and matters of concern.

PortalHomeCalendarGalleryFAQSearchLog inRegister

Share | 

Visit VA Officer at Corn Fest

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
mouthpiece
Power Poster
Power Poster

Number of posts : 721
Registration date : 2008-05-15

PostSubject: Visit VA Officer at Corn Fest   Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:29 am

By: Dan Meyer

The office hours for the Big Stone County Veterans Service Office are 7:30 am – 4:00 pm Monday through Friday. My office phone number is (320) 839-6398.

What’s going on in Big Stone County this month?

The Big Stone County Fair will be held this year from 4 - 8 August in Clinton, Minnesota. I’ll be having a VA Benefits Booth during the Fair. Please stop by and let’s talk.

The 72nd Annual Cornfest Celebration will happen from 20 - 22 August at the Ortonville Lakeside Park. Stop by the VA Benefits Booth operated by your very own Big Stone County Veterans Service Officer.

At County Fair VA Benefits outreach booth, I will be displaying, for the first time, the “Book of Honor.” What is the “Book of Honor?” The Book of Honor is a book constructed of wood and ordained with a patriot theme that honors our deceased veterans. What does the “Book of Honor” contain? The book contains deceased veteran’s Presidential Memorial Certificates (PMCs). What are PMCs? PMCs are certificates signed by the President of the United States in recognition of the veteran’s service to a grateful nation. Who started the PMC Program? President John F. Kennedy in 1962.

I will have PMC application forms with me at both the County Fair and the Ortonville Cornfest. Please stop by, look the Book of Honor over, and let’s order a PMC in honor of your veteran.

In the “Did you Know?” segment. Did you know that a POW/MIA Table, that honors those veterans who are not with us today, is on display at the Big Stone County Courthouse? This is our way of saying that our Nation’s POWs/MIAs are not forgotten. Lest we never forget!

In other news. Are you a veteran and have a current disability/condition that was caused, aggravated or made worse by your military duty? If the answer is yes, stop by my VA benefit’s booth and let’s talk.

Until next week, take care and “Fair Winds and Following Seas!”
Back to top Go down

Visit VA Officer at Corn Fest
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1