Big Stone Lake Area Community Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place where Big Stone Lake (and surrounding) area citizens can discuss area news, events and matters of concern.

PortalHomeGalleryLooking for a place to live in Big Stone County! Coolte22Latest imagesSearchLooking for a place to live in Big Stone County! Coolte24Log inRegister

Looking for a place to live in Big Stone County!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
flyingtomato
flyingtomato

Number of posts : 4
Job/hobbies : Healthy Foods Organizer/Farmer/Writer
Registration date : 2010-08-17

Looking for a place to live in Big Stone County! Empty
PostSubject: Looking for a place to live in Big Stone County!   Looking for a place to live in Big Stone County! Icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 8:25 am

Apologies if this is in the wrong forum--I'm a newbie.

I've been hired to work in Big Stone County as a Healthy Foods Organizer--working with producers and schools, senior living facilities, grocery stores, farmers markets, etc. to increase production and consumption of healthy and locally-produced foods.

I start on September 1st, but I have not yet been able to nail down a place to live. I am hoping to rent at least through the winter months; it's possible I'll be interested in buying property later. If you or someone you know has a house that has been sitting on the market for awhile (in decent shape, please!) and would like someone in there paying utilities and watching over the place through the winter, I am happy to make those kind of arrangements, too.

Because most of my work will be focused in the rural areas of Big Stone County, it'd be great if I could find a house in Clinton, Graceville, or Beardsley--but I'm open to pretty much anywhere at this point, so long as I have a roof over my head when I start my job!

I do have a large dog (90lbs.). She is very well trained (I own my own home in Vermillion, SD and don't allow her to trash it!), and she is an inside animal.

Please let me know if you have anything--I've contacted a couple realtors already and haven't heard anything yet. I will be up in the area this Friday scouting for a place to call home, so I could meet/look at places then.

Thanks so much for your help.

--Rebecca

Back to top Go down
http://flyingtomato.wordpress.com
angdoren
angdoren

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2009-10-15

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a place to live in Big Stone County!   Looking for a place to live in Big Stone County! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 11:55 am

Hello Rebecca and welcome to Big Stone County. I will certainly keep my eye out for some properties available as we would love to welcome you to the Ortonville Area. Please check out our City website, and EDA website to learn more about what Ortonville, MN is all about. You can access the city website from www.ortonville.net, and on there you will find a link to the EDA site as well.
I have spread the word that you are looking and will get back to you if I hear of anything that will work.
Good Luck and Congratulations on your new job!
Angela
Back to top Go down
http://www.angeladoren.community.officelive.com
flyingtomato
flyingtomato

Number of posts : 4
Job/hobbies : Healthy Foods Organizer/Farmer/Writer
Registration date : 2010-08-17

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a place to live in Big Stone County!   Looking for a place to live in Big Stone County! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 1:11 pm

Thank you, Angela!

I will be up in the area again this Friday (tomorrow) and Saturday looking to seal a deal on a place to rent--at least through the winter months. I think I've got something lined up, but I am happy to look at anything else that crops up between now and then.

Best,

Rebecca
Back to top Go down
http://flyingtomato.wordpress.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a place to live in Big Stone County!   Looking for a place to live in Big Stone County! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Looking for a place to live in Big Stone County!
Page 1 of 1