Big Stone Lake Area Community Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place where Big Stone Lake (and surrounding) area citizens can discuss area news, events and matters of concern.

PortalHomeGalleryFavorite Halloween Costume Coolte22Latest imagesSearchFavorite Halloween Costume Coolte24Log inRegister

Favorite Halloween Costume

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
nascargirl
Super Poster
Super Poster
nascargirl

Number of posts : 236
Registration date : 2008-06-08

Favorite Halloween Costume Empty
PostSubject: Favorite Halloween Costume   Favorite Halloween Costume Icon_minitimeTue Sep 30, 2008 8:15 pm

What was your favorite Halloween costume?

When I was a kid, my favorite was a scarecrow -- I had a pair of dad's bibs, and we cut squares of fabric and hand-sewed them on to look like patches. I had some old tennis shoes that I wore. We took some straw and stuffed it in the ends of the sleeves of an old flannel shirt. We had some other straw sticking out from holes in the old flannel shirt. I wore an old hat and tied a bandanna around my neck.

Several years ago, my younger sister, her husband and another married couple went as Dorothy, The Lion, The Tin Man, and the Scarecrow from the Wizard of Oz. Dorothy was actually the 'husband' of the friend -- he was dressed JUST as Dorothy -- with a gingham dress and RED shoes with lots of red glitter! He was about 6'5" and skinny! (Hard to find size 15 woman's shoes...but he did!). They had a wig for him and he carried a basket with a stuffed toy dog that looked JUST like Toto! Dorothy was a sight to behold!

His wife went as the lion -- with a lion suit she made from gold fleece, complete with a tail -- she took her long hair and 'ratted' it up to look like a lion's mane, and added facial makeup. The Tin Man had his own metal suit - cardboard top and jeans sprayed with silver pant, topped with a funnel!

The scarecrow was the easiest of the group.

Needless to say -- it was a WINNER wherever they went!!!

On Computer
nascargirl
Back to top Go down
Lady Hawk
Admin
Admin
Lady Hawk

Number of posts : 622
Job/hobbies : Wife/Mother
Registration date : 2008-05-16

PostSubject: How about a photo?   Favorite Halloween Costume Icon_minitimeThu Oct 02, 2008 3:41 pm

nascargirl,

Any chance you have a photo of your sister and her husband in those costumes?
You could put them in the Gallery here on The Forums.
jocolor
It sounds like a lot of fun.
Back to top Go down
nascargirl
Super Poster
Super Poster
nascargirl

Number of posts : 236
Registration date : 2008-06-08

PostSubject: No picture   Favorite Halloween Costume Icon_minitimeThu Oct 02, 2008 4:57 pm

I had one picture and have been SEARCHING for it -- that was WAY before I had a digital camera...so I've been going through photo albums. If I find it, I'll scan it in...

So...members -- what was your favorite costume, or maybe something you did for your kids?

On Computer

nascargirl
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Halloween Costume   Favorite Halloween Costume Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Favorite Halloween Costume
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Big Stone Lake Area Community Forums :: The Online Community :: The Coffee Shop-
Jump to: