Big Stone Lake Area Community Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place where Big Stone Lake (and surrounding) area citizens can discuss area news, events and matters of concern.

PortalHomeGalleryCorruption in Government.  It has to end! Coolte22Latest imagesSearchCorruption in Government.  It has to end! Coolte24Log inRegister

Corruption in Government. It has to end!

Go down 
+3
Lady Hawk
lightninboy
mouthpiece
7 posters
AuthorMessage
mouthpiece
Power Poster
Power Poster
mouthpiece

Number of posts : 721
Registration date : 2008-05-15

Corruption in Government.  It has to end! Empty
PostSubject: Corruption in Government. It has to end!   Corruption in Government.  It has to end! Icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2008 5:31 pm

It sickens my stomach to hear that a US Senate seat was up for the highest bidder. It makes me sicker to think that the Governor before this Illinois Governor is in prison for the same thing. It is hard not to write vulgarities describing what I think of this dishonesty.Corruption in Government.  It has to end! 10_4_6Corruption in Government.  It has to end! Image

Then we look to the last year and the corruption within both parties is astounding and neither seem to care.

Then I bring it closer. Senator Craig in a restroom at a Minnesota airport. How disgusting?

A Senator from Alaska and allegations about out neighbor to the North. Corruption in housing.

Then I look to our own dishonesty and cronyism in local government. A mayor who no longer comes to this web site because the questions are too tough! An attempt by the mayor to guarantee large sums of money for an investor (friend).

At a federal level Obama who attended church but did not hear the sermon to a mayor who will not disclose potential conflicts of interests. The answer to these questions are political and not legal.

Our legal system is unable to enforce a perjury charge of a President. Others with less power just lie under oath and our system does nothing.

A meeting of local hockey czars that they do not produce minutes of a meeting.

Then the steps to the library.

The answer is the voter. The voter must take control and call our legislature and demand election and corruption in government reform.

The voter must demand that minutes to our meetings of local meetings be public. It is our absolute duty to ask our mayor the tough questions instead of the cushy questions. It is the mayor's duty to respond.
Corruption in Government.  It has to end! Social2

The citizenry has caused this problem and we must respond by bombarding all levels of government that honesty and integrity is a must.
Back to top Go down
lightninboy
Super Poster
Super Poster

Number of posts : 198
Registration date : 2008-10-04

PostSubject: Re: Corruption in Government. It has to end!   Corruption in Government.  It has to end! Icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2008 9:22 pm

I agree, but who has the tenacity to stand up to it?
Back to top Go down
Lady Hawk
Admin
Admin
Lady Hawk

Number of posts : 622
Job/hobbies : Wife/Mother
Registration date : 2008-05-16

PostSubject: All it takes for evil to succeed.....   Corruption in Government.  It has to end! Icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2008 11:53 am

Mouthpiece you sound discouraged.

These things are truly wrong. Corruption in large cities has for many years been the butt of many a joke. Haven't we all heard that even the dead vote in Chicago? We all look to the big cities and say, "Shame, shame" but we do nothing because we feel that we are to small to make a difference.

Then we find improprieties in our own community and what do we do? Nothing for the most part. We never had any where to go to voice our concern. Oh, we could put a letter in the local paper but that is here today and gone the next. If if isn't edited to save space.

The days of the individual citizen not having a voice is being changed. Now people can have a voice, it is an electronic voice.

Right now our country is in a Constitutional crisis and the mainstream media is ignoring it. We have a man who was elected as President of the United States and he hasn't even proved that he is a citizen of the United States. It is possible that neither candidate presented to the American People this election by the Republican and Democratic party was eligible for the Office of the President of the United States and the mainstream press is ignoring it while they make fun of people on the internet who are keeping the truth alive.
You can read more about it on my thread here.

With the internet now we all have an opportunity to find out the truth and to speak the truth. Politicians acted the way they did because the press let them. The truth was not available for all to see. Even in our own community we can now have a voice about what is being done.

The mayor wants to give money to an investor? I heard the amount was 5 million, wasn't it? Where do I get in line for some of that. I can make investments.

The hockey association won't accept help to raise money for a hockey rink? Thanks for letting us know, they can build it somewhere else. People want to help and they can help when they know where help is needed.

Is there a problem putting in the steps to the library? Oh it is being done now, Glad to hear that.

"All it takes for evil to succeed is for good men to do nothing."

I don't remember who said that but it is a famous quote, and true. Now we have to opportunity to be vigilant to what is happening and thereby secure an opportunity to require our public servants to be honest and fair.

Lightninboy you asked "but who has the tenacity to stand up to it?" The answer is the people. Me, and you, and others who have the courage and determination to not put up with injustice and to speak out when we find it.

These forums were made to open up communication in our community. Right now communication is coming alive in Big Stone City. People in our little community are starting to talk and make plans. It isn't just the officials but the residents are participating and making plans for the future. It is an awesome thing to see the beginnings of a grassroots movement taking shape. Oh, there are things in our community we need to fix but now we are starting to look at them. If we can see the need we can fix it. Keep watching for more threads on Big Stone City and watch the little giant that woke up.

Communication is the key to the survival of any society.
Back to top Go down
lightninboy
Super Poster
Super Poster

PostSubject: Re: Corruption in Government. It has to end!   Corruption in Government.  It has to end! Icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2008 5:15 pm

Lady Hawk wrote:
It is an awesome thing to see the beginnings of a grassroots movement taking shape.

An movement that is grassroots means that it is spontaneous, unorganized, and then it withers and dies. :cry:
http://www.endervidualism.com/catfarmer/grassroots_movement.htm
Back to top Go down
Newsie
Newsie

Number of posts : 101
Job/hobbies : student/daughter
Registration date : 2008-05-23

PostSubject: Perseverance pays   Corruption in Government.  It has to end! Icon_minitimeFri Jan 02, 2009 2:04 pm

The founding fathers of this nation were a grassroots organization, and it did not whither and die. By the grace of God, and perseverance, we became a great nation. Pessimism will get you no where, it only helps those who are corrupt. It is better to do good than to do nothing.

If you reach for the stars at least you won't come up with a handful of mud.
Back to top Go down
lightninboy
Super Poster
Super Poster

PostSubject: Re: Corruption in Government. It has to end!   Corruption in Government.  It has to end! Icon_minitimeFri Jan 02, 2009 3:44 pm

Newsie wrote:
The founding fathers of this nation were a grassroots organization, and it did not whither and die. By the grace of God, and perseverance, we became a great nation. Pessimism will get you no where, it only helps those who are corrupt. It is better to do good than to do nothing.

If you reach for the stars at least you won't come up with a handful of mud.
The founding fathers, unlike people today, succeeded because they realized they had to succeed.
Back to top Go down
Lady Hawk
Admin
Admin
Lady Hawk

PostSubject: Responsible Government Fears the People   Corruption in Government.  It has to end! Icon_minitimeSat Jan 03, 2009 7:23 am

I see it differently than you Lightninboy. I don't credit the success of this nation to a few men. However noble their intentions may have been. The credit for the success of this nation I believe falls upon God. There has always been corruption in government. What matters is what people do about it. There is an expression that goes something like this:

Responsible government fears the people. In a corrupt government it is the people who fear.

The purpose of a free press that was established by our founding fathers was to keep the people informed so that they could monitor their government and thereby keep the government in check. When the press is no longer doing it's job, as we see more and more today, the people are not informed and corruption can run amuck.

In the past when things became so bad the people would rise up and confront the corruption. I do believe that the people still have that spunk, and may I add, I think you have that spunk too. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Grandpa
Grandpa

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2008-12-19

PostSubject: Re: Corruption in Government. It has to end!   Corruption in Government.  It has to end! Icon_minitimeSat Jan 03, 2009 1:01 pm

Happy New Year. It sounds like there is a lot of passion and intelligence involved. If everyone involved reads all of the posts, it appears there is more to agree about than disagree about. Keep up the good posts - it's refreshing. Smile
Back to top Go down
mouthpiece
Power Poster
Power Poster
mouthpiece

Number of posts : 721
Registration date : 2008-05-15

PostSubject: Come on Mayor. Are you leading or are you part of the problem/   Corruption in Government.  It has to end! Icon_minitimeSun Apr 05, 2009 8:34 pm

I have read the posts on the meeting tomorrow night and I am very concerned that this regime of Lang, Oakes amd Johnson.'stooges' They have an agenda and the law stands in the way. Another example of a big fish in a small bowl.Corruption in Government.  It has to end! 56748

One of the purposes of a police commission is to de-politicize the position of Chief and police officers.

Why would a mayor allow a combined meeting unless this is another railroad job? I can name at least two other incidences in which this mayor has allowed these railroad jobs and sat idly by. Instead of attempting to hear both sides of an issue he abuses the position of mayor.

Is the mayor going to take the high road, or is he as single issue and has an agenda that is contrary to the best interest of Ortonville?

Come on mayor let's follow the real law instead of a process that demeans good hard working people.
Back to top Go down
ApplianceJunk
Advanced Member
Advanced Member
ApplianceJunk

Number of posts : 124
Registration date : 2009-03-19

PostSubject: Re: Corruption in Government. It has to end!   Corruption in Government.  It has to end! Icon_minitimeSun Apr 05, 2009 10:46 pm

Quote :
Corruption In Government. It has to end!

Good luck. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://ApplianceJunk.com
Lady Hawk
Admin
Admin
Lady Hawk

PostSubject: Re: Corruption in Government. It has to end!   Corruption in Government.  It has to end! Icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2009 7:22 am

ApplianceJunk thanks for the bellylaugh rofl That helped a lot.

Mouthpiece I believe you were referencing the posts on this thread City Council-Police

So what is the City Attorney's position in all of this? Isn't that the job of the City Attorney? Is the City Attorney acting in the best interest of the people? Where can the citizens of Ortonville find help? Is there a champion for the people anywhere? crowd
Back to top Go down
joelie hicks
Power Poster
Power Poster
joelie hicks

Number of posts : 262
Registration date : 2008-09-21

PostSubject: Re: Corruption in Government. It has to end!   Corruption in Government.  It has to end! Icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2009 9:31 am

Grassroots are long lived, grass will spread and take over anywhere. If it looks dead on top during winter or drought, don't be fooled, it returns stronger than ever!
We allow corruption at the federal level, because we allow corruption at the local level. It all starts at home.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Corruption in Government. It has to end!   Corruption in Government.  It has to end! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Corruption in Government. It has to end!
Page 1 of 1