A place where Big Stone Lake (and surrounding) area citizens can discuss area news, events and matters of concern.

PortalHomeCalendarGalleryFAQSearchLog inRegister

Share | 

The Attacks on the Chief, was it a Personal Attack?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
mouthpiece
Power Poster
Power Poster

Number of posts : 721
Registration date : 2008-05-15

PostSubject: The Attacks on the Chief, was it a Personal Attack?   Sat Apr 25, 2009 9:23 am

Word from Elko-New Market is that the reason for the recent loss of the police department was political and personal rather than budgetary. See http://www.startribune.com/local/south/43656562.html?elr=KArksUUUU

Was the real motive for the recent controversy, the charges against Mr. Arndt a few years ago. Perhaps it was the investigation of a local businessmen, or was it other investigations regarding other local business people.

This site has long believed these attacks are passed on a conflict of interest the Mayor, the City Attorney and the City Clerk.

How disgusting for the community to air the dirty linen when a police commission was the proper place to be. Watch the meeting. It was the Clerk who claimed that the word "charges" were a template from the League of Municipalities, the Mayor who signed the letter and the City Attorney who sat idly by and formed an opinion without even examining what the city clerk wrote to the League.

These three men, all with conflicts of interest, made the decision to wrongfully "charge" the Chief of Police.

I will let the voters decide the issue this fall. I trust the voters. They will examine facts and not get tangled up in personal attacks that hurt the city.
Back to top Go down
LittleDeb

Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2009-04-05

PostSubject: Re: The Attacks on the Chief, was it a Personal Attack?   Sat Apr 25, 2009 12:33 pm

I have a question, when the police commission found no "abuse of power", how can it not be? To me, this sounds like abuse of authority over an employee. When an employer can state in public that "charges and allegations" were made against an employee, without having that employee have a chance of defending themselves, wouldn't his/hers rights be affected? Or can an employer do this?
Also, isn't "charges and allegations" more of criminal and "complaints" be civil? Why are they trying to back peddle and have the letter say complaints now?
I know the people who are involved in this want it to go away but I wonder what next they are going to pull and try to hide.
Back to top Go down
lizzielou

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2009-03-21

PostSubject: Is it true?   Wed Apr 29, 2009 8:55 am

Sad is it true that chief Hormann is going to retire? If it is...seems such a shame to loose such a dedicated & qualified employee (yet another one lost) due to the city council. And wouldn't it seem the city administrator had a hand in this one? What a sad sad day for the city!
Who's gonna wanna come work for the city of ortonville? There's no job security, you have to watch over your back and they don't follow their own city ordinances when it comes to city policy/procedure.
Back to top Go down
bigstone777

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2009-02-13

PostSubject: Re: The Attacks on the Chief, was it a Personal Attack?   Wed Apr 29, 2009 10:21 am

missunderstood wrote:
Sad is it true that chief Hormann is going to retire? If it is...seems such a shame to loose such a dedicated & qualified employee (yet another one lost) due to the city council. And wouldn't it seem the city administrator had a hand in this one? What a sad sad day for the city!
Who's gonna wanna come work for the city of ortonville? There's no job security, you have to watch over your back and they don't follow their own city ordinances when it comes to city policy/procedure.
Back to top Go down
mouthpiece
Power Poster
Power Poster

Number of posts : 721
Registration date : 2008-05-15

PostSubject: What a ????.   Wed Apr 29, 2009 11:29 am

We need to be more open-minded. I have been threatened at a city council meeting, Artie Arndt decribed me as a cancer and now you seem proud to run somebody out of town.

Are you not the same writer who gloated on the misfortune of a restaurant in town. You thought losing court administration was a good thing. You seem to enjoy telling about the misfortunes of others. Be careful, there may be a day. . .

Wow! This posts is a perfect example of why the community is going backwards. Your posts are an example of disrepect that is rarely verbalized in the front, but I am quite sure you communicate this disdain to others on a regular basis.

Whatever Mr. Horman decides, he is the type of person I wish would remain in Ortonville. Perhaps the community would be better off if you would show true respect for others. Notice how I treated you and did not say you should leave town! Trying treating others better. It works!

By the way, two communities Elko/New Market and Madison, MN decided the county wide policing would be more expensive to the city. This means the money you want to spent on the golf course would not be available. In fact, there would be less money to spend on your golf course.

Last edited by mouthpiece on Wed Apr 29, 2009 5:36 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
bigstone777

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2009-02-13

PostSubject: Re: The Attacks on the Chief, was it a Personal Attack?   Wed Apr 29, 2009 4:43 pm

I had a long response written out and ready to post but this website logged me out and I lost it all when hitting the Send button. I don't have time to write it all again right now, maybe later.

Mouthpiece: What is your problem???? Why are you attacking me for simply asking a few questions? I had no hateful intent in my post at all and don't understand why you think I did.

PLEASE show me where gloated in the Lakewood Lodge posts. PLEASE!!!

It amazes me that you want people to come and use this website but then the people who come here get treated so badly by "management". I don't get it.
Back to top Go down
understood

Number of posts : 44
Job/hobbies : Forums
Registration date : 2009-04-29

PostSubject: agree   Wed Apr 29, 2009 5:20 pm

I agree with Big Stone 777. Its time for Mouthpiece to grow up. Your arguements are one sided without facts and are full of holes. Why should someone waste their time defending every person/organization that you decide to bash? It is really sad to see how unhappy you are. I do not think the majority of the residents feel the same way.
Back to top Go down
understood

Number of posts : 44
Job/hobbies : Forums
Registration date : 2009-04-29

PostSubject: Re: The Attacks on the Chief, was it a Personal Attack?   Wed Apr 29, 2009 5:24 pm

mouthpiece wrote:
We need to be more open-minded. I have been threatened at a city council meeting, Artie Arndt decribed me as a cancer and now you seem proud to run somebody out of town.

Are not the same writer who gloated on the misfortune of a restaurant in town. You thought losing court administration was a good thing. You seem to enjoy telling about the misfortunes of others. Be careful, there may be a day. . .

Wow! This posts is a perfect example of why the community is going backwards. Your posts is an example of disrepect that is rarely verbalized in the front, but I am quite sure you communicate this disdain to others on a regular basis.

Whatever Mr. Horman decides, he is the type of person I wish would remain in Ortonville. Perhaps the community would be better off if you would show true respect for others. Notice how I treated you and did not say you should leave town! Trying treating others better. It works!

By the way, two communities Elko/New Market and Madison, MN decided the county wide policing would be more expensive to the city. This means the money you want to spent on the golf course would not be available. In fact, there would be less money to spend on your golf course.

It is hilarious to see you talk about respecting others after reading your posts over the last several months. Go back and read your own posts. You have critisized and disrespected nearly 40 people as close as I can count. wake up!
Back to top Go down
TopGun

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2009-03-19

PostSubject: The attacks on the Chief, was it a Personal Attack?   Wed Apr 29, 2009 9:31 pm

From what I hear, the only party (parties) complaining about the Chief has been the city council. Yes, I believe it was a personal attack - they want to eliminate our police dept??

I believe the thread is about the charges against the chief. Not attacks on posters who inform the public about things most of us might never know unless posted.

I believe this is considered trolling on a forum?

I for one am glad to be informed about what goes on in town, and I don't believe bashing the messenger is the way to go. Grow up?...Disrespectful?
Since when is someone reporting on the actions of public servants considered immature and disrespectful?

Should news teams reporting on city actions be told to grow up, as well?

It seems quite apparent that recent posters are probably the inadequate leaders themselves, or friends or family of such.

Or probably just previous posters who have been booted off for their trolling?

poker
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Attacks on the Chief, was it a Personal Attack?   

Back to top Go down

The Attacks on the Chief, was it a Personal Attack?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1