Big Stone Lake Area Community Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place where Big Stone Lake (and surrounding) area citizens can discuss area news, events and matters of concern.

PortalHomeGalleryThe Common Sense Belt Coolte22Latest imagesSearchThe Common Sense Belt Coolte24Log inRegister

The Common Sense Belt

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Zorro
Advanced Member
Advanced Member
Zorro

Number of posts : 112
Job/hobbies : Education/Animal Rescue
Registration date : 2009-03-15

The Common Sense Belt Empty
PostSubject: The Common Sense Belt   The Common Sense Belt Icon_minitimeSun Aug 02, 2009 8:55 am

Check this out! It's the Associated Press Economic Stress Indicator, which charts the economic factors of all of the U.S.' counties. A rating of 10 or higher is considered stressed, based on the factors (unemployment, foreclosures and bankruptcies). There is, according to a report on Yahoo news this morning, a swath of counties through the Great Plains that are insulated from the recession. It has shrunk from 500 counties to about 200 counties, the report said.
Here is the link to the full chart -- hold the cursor over any county to get its ratings and population.
I won't add more here -- it speaks for itself! I'm camping out here in the heartland, where the sensible people live. happing camping
http://hosted.ap.org/specials/interactives/_national/stress_index_premium/
Back to top Go down
lightninboy
Super Poster
Super Poster

Number of posts : 198
Registration date : 2008-10-04

The Common Sense Belt Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Common Sense Belt   The Common Sense Belt Icon_minitimeWed Sep 01, 2010 8:02 pm

That's interesting.

I suppose people in the Great Plains were used to economic stress all the time.
Back to top Go down

The Common Sense Belt
Page 1 of 1