Big Stone Lake Area Community Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place where Big Stone Lake (and surrounding) area citizens can discuss area news, events and matters of concern.

PortalHomeGalleryPolls where and how? Coolte22Latest imagesSearchPolls where and how? Coolte24Log inRegister

Polls where and how?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
mouthpiece
Power Poster
Power Poster
mouthpiece

Number of posts : 721
Registration date : 2008-05-15

Polls where and how? Empty
PostSubject: Polls where and how?   Polls where and how? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 11:41 am

I found out this morning that the polling places do not open until 12:00 noon and all of you voters who couldn't vote this morning, will have to make more effort.

The Forums will be investigating why not all day?

Both precincts the voting place is in the Maintenance Building on Hwy 75 near Border States.

Is this another attempt to get just the voters that will vote in a certain Way.

We need to promote good government. This is a way to let the minority run a town.
Back to top Go down
Lady Hawk
Admin
Admin
Lady Hawk

Number of posts : 622
Job/hobbies : Wife/Mother
Registration date : 2008-05-16

PostSubject: Where do the people vote?   Polls where and how? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 6:52 pm

I see that now the city has put up on their website that voting will take place from noon - 8:00 p.m. When did they put it up? After someone complained that they didn't know where the voting took place? Why wasn't it listed prominently on the home page next to the candidates.

The home page that David Lang and Vicki Oakes questionably used to put up Mayor Blair Johnson's page and told all other candidates that their information would be put up in the order they were received. Everyone else was placed at the bottom of the list. This activity was questioned. Later instead of continuing the order they moved Blair Johnson down one slot. Why? Why weren't all candidates allowed to be on the top slot?

Why did David Lang and Vicki Oakes use up one third of the home page on the cities website for the candidates and then not even do up a descriptive write up as to where people could go to vote? The voting is at the City Garage. They didn't even give an address for the City Garage on their website. What about the people who don't know where the city garage is? scratch

Why is it at the city garage? Why didn't they have it at the City council meeting room? Why only from noon to - 8:00 p.m.? Don't most elections run from 8:00 a.m to 8:00 p.m.? Why take away four hours from the public to vote? Could one almost get the impression that some people in charge are making it difficult? whistle

The last word I heard was that the polling place has been busy. Evidently it will have to be since they have shorter hours than what is usually done in an election.
Back to top Go down
TopGun
TopGun

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2009-03-19

PostSubject: Election today   Polls where and how? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 8:57 pm

Good point, Ladyhawk...i just looked now, and I don't see anything on the city
site about where or when to vote...and you are right, probably many people don't
know where the "city garage" is. And that is very odd that the time is noon to 8pm.
Just all makes you wanna say 'whats up with that?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Polls where and how?   Polls where and how? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Polls where and how?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Big Stone Lake Area Community Forums :: Big Stone Lake Area :: Ortonville, MN :: Ortonville News :: Archive :: Archive 08-09-
Jump to: