Big Stone Lake Area Community Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place where Big Stone Lake (and surrounding) area citizens can discuss area news, events and matters of concern.

PortalHomeGalleryService Connected Disabity Claim Contact VSO, Dan Meyer Coolte22Latest imagesSearchService Connected Disabity Claim Contact VSO, Dan Meyer Coolte24Log inRegister

Service Connected Disabity Claim Contact VSO, Dan Meyer

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Reporter
Super Poster
Super Poster
Reporter

Number of posts : 241
Job/hobbies : Report the news.
Registration date : 2009-08-04

Service Connected Disabity Claim Contact VSO, Dan Meyer Empty
PostSubject: Service Connected Disabity Claim Contact VSO, Dan Meyer   Service Connected Disabity Claim Contact VSO, Dan Meyer Icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2009 10:34 am

By: Dan Meyer

The office hours for the Big Stone County Veterans Service Office are 7:30 am – 4:00 pm Monday through Friday. My office phone number is (320) 839-6398.

FLASH ANNOUNCEMENT! If you applied for a service-connected disability compensation claim prior to November 1, 2009, please stop by my office and verify the claim date. I have just finished my pending list and need to ensure that all claims for compensation are up to date and current. In addition, when you receive your rating decision for your claim, please stop by and allow me make a file copy for your records and discuss all additional VA benefits associated with the decision.

ATTENTION combat veterans who were exposed to cold injuries. Cold injuries include hypothermia, frostbite, immersion foot, and chilblains.

Veterans may have been exposed to extreme cold without adequate protection during: World War II – The Battle of the Bulge that was fought in December 1944 through January 1945 under conditions of extreme cold; Korean War – The Chosin Reservoir Campaign that was conducted during October 1950 through December 1950, in temperatures that reached -100 degrees Fahrenheit and possibly lower (by modern chill factors); and other campaigns of circumstances during military service.

Cold injuries may result in long-term health problems, including the following signs and symptoms (at the site of exposure): Changes in muscle, skin, nails, ligaments, and bones; skin cancer in frostbite scars; neurologic injury with symptoms such as bouts of pain in the extremities, hot or cold tingling, and numbness; and vascular injury with Raynaud’s phenomenon with symptoms such as extremities becoming painful and white or discolored when cold.

Veterans may be eligible for: health care for conditions that VA determines are associated with a cold injury during military service; disability compensation for conditions that VA determines are associated with a cold injury during military service; and a broad range of other VA programs and services.

In other news. What is Lifeline? The National Suicide Prevention Lifeline is a 24-hour, seven days a week, toll-free suicide prevention service available to anyone in suicidal crisis. If you need help, please dial 1-800-273-TALK (8255). You will be routed to the closest possible crisis center in your area.

With more than 130 crisis centers across the country, their mission is to provide immediate assistance to anyone seeking mental health services. Call for yourself, or someone you care about. Your call is free and confidential.

Answer to last week’s trivia question. In 1944, Major Clark Gable’s Army discharge papers were signed by president-to-be Ronald Reagan, then a captain.

Until next week, take care and “Fair Winds and Following Seas!”
Back to top Go down

Service Connected Disabity Claim Contact VSO, Dan Meyer
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Big Stone Lake Area Community Forums :: Everything Military :: VA-
Jump to: