Big Stone Lake Area Community Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place where Big Stone Lake (and surrounding) area citizens can discuss area news, events and matters of concern.

PortalHomeGalleryVeteran Benefits for PTSD Coolte22Latest imagesSearchVeteran Benefits for PTSD Coolte24Log inRegister

Veteran Benefits for PTSD

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Reporter
Super Poster
Super Poster
Reporter

Number of posts : 241
Job/hobbies : Report the news.
Registration date : 2009-08-04

Veteran Benefits for PTSD Empty
PostSubject: Veteran Benefits for PTSD   Veteran Benefits for PTSD Icon_minitimeMon Dec 28, 2009 9:20 pm

By: Dan Meyer

The office hours for the Big Stone County Veterans Service Office are 7:30 am – 4:00 pm Monday through Friday. My office phone number is (320) 839-6398.

As 2009 comes to an end, I want to take the time to thank the Big Stone County Commissioners who have given me the opportunity to serve our County veterans and their families. In addition, a special thank you and “Fair Winds and Following Seas” to all those who have bravely serviced this great Nation.

It’s very clear to me that we live in the greatest Nation in the world. AMERICA…..”Land of the Free and Home of the Brave.” Freedom is not free! Freedom comes with a price, a price our veterans (past, present, and future) were and are willing to pay. Please join me in supporting our veterans in the upcoming year.

In other news. VA moves to simplify Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) compensation rules.

The VA has published a proposed regulation in the Federal Register making it easier for a veteran to claim service-connection for PTSD. The proposed regulation will reduce the evidence needed if the stressor claimed by a veteran is related to fear of hostile military or terrorist activity. A final regulation will be published after consideration of all comments received.

Under the new rule, the VA would not require corroboration of a stressor related to fear of hostile military or terrorist activity if a VA psychiatrist or psychologist confirms that the stressful experience recalled by a veteran adequately supports a diagnosis of PTSD and the veteran's symptoms are related to the claimed stressor.

Previously, claims adjudicators were required to corroborate that a non-combat Veteran actually experienced a stressor related to hostile military activity. This rule would simplify the development that is required for these cases.

For more information on PTSD claims and current VA regula­tions visit www.va.gov or speak with your County Veterans Service Officer.

Trivia Question Time. Last week’s question was, “Whose picture is on the Purple Heart Medal?” The answer is: President Washington.

This week’s question: “What is the oldest American military uniform item in continuous use?” The answer in next week’s article.

Until next week, take care and “Fair Winds and Following Seas!”
Back to top Go down

Veteran Benefits for PTSD
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Big Stone Lake Area Community Forums :: Everything Military :: VA-
Jump to: