Big Stone Lake Area Community Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place where Big Stone Lake (and surrounding) area citizens can discuss area news, events and matters of concern.

PortalHomeGalleryDid the Voters Mandate Change? And Did the Voters Get Change? Coolte22Latest imagesSearchDid the Voters Mandate Change? And Did the Voters Get Change? Coolte24Log inRegister

Did the Voters Mandate Change? And Did the Voters Get Change?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
mouthpiece
Power Poster
Power Poster
mouthpiece

Number of posts : 721
Registration date : 2008-05-15

Did the Voters Mandate Change? And Did the Voters Get Change? Empty
PostSubject: Did the Voters Mandate Change? And Did the Voters Get Change?   Did the Voters Mandate Change? And Did the Voters Get Change? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2010 9:07 am

I deliberately attended the city council meeting last night. As I watched the meeting I made what I would call a major observation. The tenor of the Mayor, Dave Dinnel. Mr. Dinnel was a breath of fresh air as he attempted to gain consensus with the counsel instead of being disruptive and rude.

He listened, even to his opponents. The newspaper he did not hesitate to name as the official newspaper despite the fact thousands of dollars might be saved by looking to alternatives. Instead he named them without hesitation. The Independent has been cruel with him in the past.

He was kind to the City Clerk, even though the city clerk could not keep accurate minutes again. The city clerk has been close to Blair Johnson during his tenure.

He was kind to Mr. Johnson himself. Even though, when Mr. Johnson treated Mr. Dinnel with disrespect, Mr. Dinnel listens to both sides and makes decisions without interruption.

I am convinced that Mr. Dinnel is not vindicative and listens to both sides.

In fact, when a citizen spoke, Mr. Dinnel praised her for a good idea instead of interrupting her and saying, we have heard enough from you.

The voters were heard at least from this regard, government need not be rude in making decisions.

I will address other issues later, but it is clear the tenor of the meetings have changed and we now have a Mayor who will listen to all.
Back to top Go down

Did the Voters Mandate Change? And Did the Voters Get Change?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Big Stone Lake Area Community Forums :: Big Stone Lake Area :: Ortonville, MN :: City and Government-
Jump to: