Big Stone Lake Area Community Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place where Big Stone Lake (and surrounding) area citizens can discuss area news, events and matters of concern.

PortalHomeGalleryDisability Compensation Coolte22Latest imagesSearchDisability Compensation Coolte24Log inRegister

Disability Compensation

Go down 
AuthorMessage
mouthpiece
Power Poster
Power Poster
mouthpiece

Number of posts : 721
Registration date : 2008-05-15

Disability Compensation Empty
PostSubject: Disability Compensation   Disability Compensation Icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2010 6:36 pm

By: Dan Meyer

The office hours for the Big Stone County Veterans Service Office are 7:30 am – 4:00 pm Monday through Friday. My office phone number is (320) 839-6398.

Disability Compensation Scenario.

Hey, Dan…….”I have a service-connected right knee disability, a back condition, a leg disability, type II diabetes, arthritis, or a neck condition, etc. Due to the pain of my service-connected disability, I am experiencing to following (to name just a few): lack of exercise, sleep pattern disorder, behavior issues, fear of losing my job, anxiety, and/or extreme difficulty in adjusting to my new limitations, etc. I’m currently being treated by my local doctor for a mental health condition due to my service-connected disability. In addition, I have also been prescribed anti-depressant medication(s).”

In short, I am asking you to stop in my office or call me for an appointment to discuss a possible service-connected disability compensation claim, secondary to your service-connected disability. A mental disorder can be extremely difficult to cope with and can, in some cases, greatly impact the veteran’s entire family in a negative manner.

The first step in a claim for service-connection of a mental disorder is to show that a veteran has a current disability from a diagnosed mental disorder. Claims for compensation for psychiatric disabilities can be complicated. So let me assist you, that’s what a get paid to do!

It must be stated that our appointment/conversation is “CONFIDENTIAL.” There is a reason that for 20 plus years, I held a TOP SECRET National Security Clearance as a member of the United States Navy, Department of Naval Intelligence. Contact my office and let’s talk.

Disability compensation for mental disabilities other than post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD).

The eight categories of mental disorders.

On October 8, 1996, the VA published final rules revising the schedule for rating mental disorders. One of the most significant changes was to expand from four to eight the number of categories of mental health disorders for which service connection is available.

They are listed as: Schizopheria and other psychotic disorders; delirium, dementia, and amnestic and other cognitive disorders; anxiety disorder (including PTSD); dissociative disorders; somatoform disorders; mood disorders; chronic adjustment disorder; and eating disorders.

Trivia question time. Last week’s question was, “What is the popular name for the U.S. military’s LCE aluminum frame backpack?” The answer is: “Alice pack.”

This week’s question: “What was the August 4, 1964 incident, in which the USS “Maddox” and USS “Turner Joy” were attacked by the North Vietnamese gunboats?” The answer in next week’s article.

Until next week, take care and “Fair Winds and Following Seas!”
Back to top Go down

Disability Compensation
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Big Stone Lake Area Community Forums :: Everything Military :: VA-
Jump to: