Big Stone Lake Area Community Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place where Big Stone Lake (and surrounding) area citizens can discuss area news, events and matters of concern.

PortalHomeGalleryThe "new" Ortonville Chamber of Commerce website Coolte22Latest imagesSearchThe "new" Ortonville Chamber of Commerce website Coolte24Log inRegister

The "new" Ortonville Chamber of Commerce website

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Mary Jo Thompson
Mary Jo Thompson

Number of posts : 12
Job/hobbies : Retired. News/reading junkie!
Registration date : 2009-12-03

The "new" Ortonville Chamber of Commerce website Empty
PostSubject: The "new" Ortonville Chamber of Commerce website   The "new" Ortonville Chamber of Commerce website Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 11:28 am

I have always liked the chamber's website for accessing businesses in this area. I was stunned to access it a few moments ago and realize it has been decimated! I'm hoping this is a work in progress, and that they will reinstate the listings/categories that they had before. Anyone with any interest in coming to Ortonville will find very little incentive to explore further with the limited information that is available.

This is a HUGE step backwards. C'mon, guys - the harder people have to work to get information, the less likely they are to pursue it. Doesn't the chamber want people to have access to our community?
Back to top Go down
Lady Hawk
Admin
Admin
Lady Hawk

Number of posts : 622
Job/hobbies : Wife/Mother
Registration date : 2008-05-16

PostSubject: Re: The "new" Ortonville Chamber of Commerce website   The "new" Ortonville Chamber of Commerce website Icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 11:50 pm

I called the Chamber and found out that the Chamber website has been down since last November. no no no

They are having trouble getting it fixed. Bad Computer
Back to top Go down
Mary Jo Thompson
Mary Jo Thompson

Number of posts : 12
Job/hobbies : Retired. News/reading junkie!
Registration date : 2009-12-03

PostSubject: The Ortonville Chamber of Commerce website   The "new" Ortonville Chamber of Commerce website Icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2010 9:25 pm

I must have been using a different Ortonville website - perhaps in Massachusetts or somewhere, because I used it just last weekend. Methinks I live in different time continuum over here cuz it worked for me!
Back to top Go down
Lady Hawk
Admin
Admin
Lady Hawk

Number of posts : 622
Job/hobbies : Wife/Mother
Registration date : 2008-05-16

PostSubject: Re: The "new" Ortonville Chamber of Commerce website   The "new" Ortonville Chamber of Commerce website Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 8:51 am

Actually the site was functional for awhile, Mary Jo. The problem was that they couldn't get in to change any information. The information that was there was still accessible. When I talked to them a few weeks ago I was told they had someone that was going to go in and fix it in the next day or two. When I checked a few days later the site had only the home page up with no links to other pages. They have now put up an under construction notice and are trying to get it going.

You likely had accessed the site when it was still able to link to the various pages, before they went in to work on it. ouch
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The "new" Ortonville Chamber of Commerce website   The "new" Ortonville Chamber of Commerce website Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The "new" Ortonville Chamber of Commerce website
Page 1 of 1