Big Stone Lake Area Community Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place where Big Stone Lake (and surrounding) area citizens can discuss area news, events and matters of concern.

PortalHomeGallerySpecifying your real name on The Forums Coolte22Latest imagesSearchSpecifying your real name on The Forums Coolte24Log inRegister

Specifying your real name on The Forums

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
computerwhiz
Admin
Admin
computerwhiz

Number of posts : 111
Registration date : 2008-05-15

Specifying your real name on The Forums Empty
PostSubject: Specifying your real name on The Forums   Specifying your real name on The Forums Icon_minitimeSat Sep 20, 2008 11:57 am

Several times it has been brought to my attention that some people have not stated their real name in their profiles and apparently a few find that a concern.

First of all, for those who haven't announced their names in their profiles, that is acceptable. However there are benifits to announcing your name both for the forums and for yourself.

All around, it is very much encouraged and appreciated for a person to specify their name. But if they wish to remain anonymous, then they can do that as forcing people to specify their name has the potential of becoming counter productive.
Back to top Go down
http://bigstonelakearearoyalty.blogspot.com
Lady Hawk
Admin
Admin
Lady Hawk

Number of posts : 622
Job/hobbies : Wife/Mother
Registration date : 2008-05-16

Specifying your real name on The Forums Empty
PostSubject: UFM's Unidentified Forum Members   Specifying your real name on The Forums Icon_minitimeSat Sep 20, 2008 2:56 pm

One of the things that c.whiz first asked about when she set up The Forums was whether or not to have people register to post or just allow people to post without registering. After visiting some forums and seeing the kind of posts that comes from people making a knee jerk reaction and making a post in the heat of passion we decided we didn't want those kind of posts on this forum. No

The reason C.whiz decided to have people register, (and I concurred) was that if people were to register then they have made an effort to identify themselves and people who identify themselves, we believed, would be more responsible knowing that their name would be on the line. judge

We didn't think at the time that people might not list their name when they registered. (Okay, we were a little ignorant. Oh boy) As of this time there are 10 members who either don't give their name or only a partial name. Some of these people I know, but there are others that I have no idea who they are. scratch

For those who have identified themselves you have my respect. I like talking to people who aren't afraid to be themselves and speak out. This is not meant as a dig to those people who are Unidentified Forum Members. (UFM's :pirat:) We can't require that people tell us who they are. People could put any name in there. So we will allow them to remain incognito. Detective That is their choice and I respect their right to make that decision. I believe in time people will become more comfortable with this site and this will be less of a concern. What matters is that people follow the Forum rules. We are always looking to improve and if any of you have suggestions we are open to hearing them. bounce

On another note remember that this is a "Forum" not a "Blog" we are "Posting" on this site not "Blogging." Very Happy

Thanks for listening.
Back to top Go down

Specifying your real name on The Forums
Page 1 of 1