Big Stone Lake Area Community Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place where Big Stone Lake (and surrounding) area citizens can discuss area news, events and matters of concern.

PortalHomeGalleryVA Co-Pay for Prescriptions Increase? Coolte22Latest imagesSearchVA Co-Pay for Prescriptions Increase? Coolte24Log inRegister

VA Co-Pay for Prescriptions Increase?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
mouthpiece
Power Poster
Power Poster
mouthpiece

Number of posts : 721
Registration date : 2008-05-15

VA Co-Pay for Prescriptions Increase? Empty
PostSubject: VA Co-Pay for Prescriptions Increase?   VA Co-Pay for Prescriptions Increase? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 19, 2010 8:59 pm

By: Dan Meyer

The office hours for the Big Stone County Veterans Service Office are 7:30 am – 4:00 pm Monday through Friday. My office phone number is (320) 839-6398.

Flash news. On Friday, June 7th, I will be having a VA Benefits Outreach Booth from 9:00 am to 12:00 noon on the sidewalk in front of Heritage Printing (Main Street Ortonville). There will be a free cup of coffee and a U.S. Flag Lapel Pin for those who stop by.

As a reminder. In a past article, I mentioned that the VA was going to postpone the scheduled co-pay increase from $8 to $9 until 9 July 2010. The co-pay is charged for each 30 day prescriptions to veterans who are outpatients being treated for non-service connected conditions.

Co-pays are not charged for prescriptions for service connected conditions; or to veterans for any prescription if they are 50% or more service disabled: or for some low income veterans.

Again, the co-pays for prescriptions will increase from $8 to $9 effective 9 July 2010.

In other news.

Did you know that approximately 60 percent of veterans have never filed for veterans benefits? The more diverse and comprehensive methods I can use to reach veterans and their families, the more veterans will receive the benefits they deserve.

I have scheduled several Outreach events until the end of this year. “Outreach” means exactly that – reaching out to the community, forging partnerships and building awareness. The outcome of a viable Outreach Program enables a partnership with the community that has proved to be extremely beneficial to both the veterans and the community as a whole.

Here are some of the Outreach events planned for this year: A veterans benefit booth at the Big Stone County Fair; a veterans benefit booth at the Ortonville Corn Festival and the County Fair in Clinton, Ortonville Main Street POW/MIA Recognition Day booth, Big Stone City’s 125th Anniversary Celebration Grand Parade Float, Ortonville Corn Festival Parade Float, and many more!

Until next week, take care and “Fair Winds and Following Seas!”
Back to top Go down

VA Co-Pay for Prescriptions Increase?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Big Stone Lake Area Community Forums :: Everything Military :: VA-
Jump to: