Big Stone Lake Area Community Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place where Big Stone Lake (and surrounding) area citizens can discuss area news, events and matters of concern.

PortalHomeGalleryWhat does everyone think about the races and the candidiates? Coolte22Latest imagesSearchWhat does everyone think about the races and the candidiates? Coolte24Log inRegister

What does everyone think about the races and the candidiates?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
joelie hicks
Power Poster
Power Poster
joelie hicks

Number of posts : 262
Registration date : 2008-09-21

What does everyone think about the races and the candidiates? Empty
PostSubject: What does everyone think about the races and the candidiates?   What does everyone think about the races and the candidiates? Icon_minitimeMon May 17, 2010 1:13 pm

Four people running for the sheriff's race. i think that's great. It is good to have a slate of people to choose from.
Because the present sheriff is retiring, it is not a surprise that there are a few people out for the job.
What is a surprise is the commissioner's races. All the incumbents are running, but they all have competition. The two in the commissioner race, Roger Hoff and Marcy Smith; running against David Forette and Gene Mann, respectively is interesting, but they are not in my district. While the GCCC were hoping that there would be some competition this year, I have no idea where they stand on various issues. Mr. Hoff had 2 girls who were wonderful singers in high school. That is all i know. Mrs. Smith was a police officer, she was the acting officer when someone rear-ended my car a few years ago. She did a good job. That is all I know.
I hope that soon there will be an opportunity for questions to the candidates.
Anyone out there have any opinions on the races? There are sure a lot of signs in yards, which seems to auger a large turn out in June.
Back to top Go down
mouthpiece
Power Poster
Power Poster
mouthpiece

Number of posts : 721
Registration date : 2008-05-15

What does everyone think about the races and the candidiates? Empty
PostSubject: Anti-Incumbency Trend   What does everyone think about the races and the candidiates? Icon_minitimeTue May 18, 2010 10:15 am

I do not know how people feel about the candidates. I do hear even locally a trend of anti-incumbency. I will vote for an all new group.

I think this group poorly handled the neutral task force and are anti-family farmers. New blood is needed and now is the time.

As for the sheriff, I would like to see the response of enforcing existing ordinances as to road restrictions.

I will be listening closely.
Back to top Go down

What does everyone think about the races and the candidiates?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Big Stone Lake Area Community Forums :: Big Stone Lake Area :: Milbank, SD :: Milbank News-
Jump to: