Big Stone Lake Area Community Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place where Big Stone Lake (and surrounding) area citizens can discuss area news, events and matters of concern.

PortalHomeGalleryPumpkin Bread  Coolte22Latest imagesSearchPumpkin Bread  Coolte24Log inRegister

Pumpkin Bread

Go down 
AuthorMessage
nascargirl
Super Poster
Super Poster
nascargirl

Number of posts : 236
Registration date : 2008-06-08

Pumpkin Bread  Empty
PostSubject: Pumpkin Bread    Pumpkin Bread  Icon_minitimeFri Jul 09, 2010 7:26 pm

Pumpkin Bread

1 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp ground cinnamon
3/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
1/4 tsp ground cloves
2 eggs
1 cup canned pumpkin
1/2 cup canola oil
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
1/2 cup raisins, optional

In large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking soda, cinnamon, salt, baking powder, nutmeg, and cloves. In a small bowl, whisk the eggs, pumpkin, oil, and water. Stir in dry ingredients just til moistened. Fold in the walnuts and raisins if desired.

Pour into greased 9 x 5 loaf pan. Bake at 350 for 65-70 minutes or til toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool in plan for 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack. Makes 1 loaf.

*When I made this, I used the entire can of pumpkin and left out the walnuts and raisins. I used small loaf pans instead of one large -- it makes four small loaf pans -- the size of the small pans were 5 x 3. If you make the small ones, bake at 350, but bake only 40-45 minutes. Check with a toothpick. the smaller ones bake MUCH faster! Easy and REALLY good!

Pumpkin Bread  138877
nascargirl
Back to top Go down

Pumpkin Bread
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Big Stone Lake Area Community Forums :: The Online Community :: The Coffee Shop :: What's Cooking?-
Jump to: