Big Stone Lake Area Community Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place where Big Stone Lake (and surrounding) area citizens can discuss area news, events and matters of concern.

PortalHomeGalleryGreat Day to be a Vet! Coolte22Latest imagesSearchGreat Day to be a Vet! Coolte24Log inRegister

Great Day to be a Vet!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
mouthpiece
Power Poster
Power Poster
mouthpiece

Number of posts : 721
Registration date : 2008-05-15

Great Day to be a Vet! Empty
PostSubject: Great Day to be a Vet!   Great Day to be a Vet! Icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2010 9:42 am

By: Dan Meyer

The office hours for the Big Stone County Veterans Service Office are 7:30 am – 4:00 pm Monday through Friday. My office phone number is (320) 839-6398.

Let me start out by saying, “It’s a great day to be a veteran.” Please take the time this week to thank a veteran for their service to our great Nation!

Changes to Veterans Affairs Copayments. The U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) recently ended a freeze on the prescription copayment increase.

Veterans who generally have higher income and no service-connected disabilities – referred to as Priority Groups 7 and 8 veterans – will now pay an additional $1 for each 30-day supply of outpatient medications.

Taking effect July 1, the increase to $9 from $8 is the first change in VA’s medication copay since January 1, 2006.

This change does not impact veterans in Priority Groups 2 through 6, who will continue to pay $8 for each 30-day supply of medications for their non-service connected conditions unless otherwise exempted. These veterans will also continue to have their out-of-pocket expenses for VA outpatient medications capped at $960 per calendar year.

Veterans who have difficulty paying copayments for outpatient medications should discuss the matter with their local VA enrollment coordinator.

Veterans may also call VA at 1 (877)-222-VET (8387) or visit VA’s health eligibility website at www.va.gov/healtheligibility.

In the “Did You Know?” Segment. Did you know there is something new on the outside of my office building, located directly across from the County Courthouse. There are some folks who don’t know where the Big Stone County Veterans Service Office is located. I think this banner(s) will help.

Until next week, take care and “Fair Winds and Following Seas!”
Back to top Go down

Great Day to be a Vet!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Big Stone Lake Area Community Forums :: Everything Military :: VA-
Jump to: