Big Stone Lake Area Community Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place where Big Stone Lake (and surrounding) area citizens can discuss area news, events and matters of concern.

PortalHomeGalleryThe proper way to add a link to your post. Coolte22Latest imagesSearchThe proper way to add a link to your post. Coolte24Log inRegister

The proper way to add a link to your post.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Lady Hawk
Admin
Admin
Lady Hawk

Number of posts : 622
Job/hobbies : Wife/Mother
Registration date : 2008-05-16

The proper way to add a link to your post. Empty
PostSubject: The proper way to add a link to your post.   The proper way to add a link to your post. Icon_minitimeSat Nov 08, 2008 3:45 am

It will stream line your post if you use the link option in the text editing section.

HOW TO COPY A WEB ADDRESS:

Left click on the web address you want and hold as you run the mouse across the address. That will yellow highlight the address.

After you have highlighted the web address you want to put into your post then click the edit bar on the top of your screen. It will drop down and give you several options. One of the options is to "copy." Click on the copy. (Another option is to right click the web address you want and it will give you the option to copy. Click copy.) Now you are ready to put the copy into your post.

HOW TO ADD THE LINK TO YOUR POST:

When you type in your post you will notice the two rows of white boxes above. Computerwhiz calls them the "Text editing section."

In the bottom row the second box on the left is the image of a chain link.
When you move your mouse over it a message will read "Insert URL" Click on that box and another small screen will come up with two bars to type into.

In the top bar move your cursor to it and left click your mouse to get the cursor into it. Then right click your mouse while it is still in that top bar and you will get options. One of the options is to paste. Click on "paste." Your web link will now be in the box. The box is not always large enough to show you the entire web address but don't worry it is all there.

Next move to the second bar and left click it. Now your cursor is ready to type. Type in the name of the web address that you have put in. In the example below I have put in the web address for Big Stone City School. When you click on it you will be taken to that website without all the messy looking clutter of the entire web address distracting from your post.

Big Stone City School

In your post as you are typing it will show the entire web address but when you hit "Preview" it will only show the name you gave it and it will look much better in your post.
Back to top Go down
lightninboy
Super Poster
Super Poster

Number of posts : 198
Registration date : 2008-10-04

PostSubject: Re: The proper way to add a link to your post.   The proper way to add a link to your post. Icon_minitimeSat Nov 08, 2008 8:08 pm

Okay, I'll try this.

American Lutheran Church - Milbank, SD ELCA

I found the white Link box to be the fourth box from the right in the top row of the "Text editing section."
Back to top Go down
lightninboy
Super Poster
Super Poster

Number of posts : 198
Registration date : 2008-10-04

PostSubject: Re: The proper way to add a link to your post.   The proper way to add a link to your post. Icon_minitimeSat Nov 08, 2008 8:11 pm

Your link is a different color than my link.
Back to top Go down
nascargirl
Super Poster
Super Poster
nascargirl

Number of posts : 236
Registration date : 2008-06-08

PostSubject: Link   The proper way to add a link to your post. Icon_minitimeSat Nov 08, 2008 9:38 pm

It appears to change color after you click on it. When I first log into this thread it is white, but when I click on it, it turns a brown/gold color.

Just my observation.

On Computer
nascargirl
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The proper way to add a link to your post.   The proper way to add a link to your post. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The proper way to add a link to your post.
Page 1 of 1