Big Stone Lake Area Community Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place where Big Stone Lake (and surrounding) area citizens can discuss area news, events and matters of concern.

PortalHomeGalleryLocal Foods Meeting for Big Stone Area Monday 1/26/09 Coolte22Latest imagesSearchLocal Foods Meeting for Big Stone Area Monday 1/26/09 Coolte24Log inRegister

Local Foods Meeting for Big Stone Area Monday 1/26/09

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Kathy D
Kathy D

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2009-01-23

Local Foods Meeting for Big Stone Area Monday 1/26/09 Empty
PostSubject: Local Foods Meeting for Big Stone Area Monday 1/26/09   Local Foods Meeting for Big Stone Area Monday 1/26/09 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2009 12:35 pm

Local Foods Meeting for the Big Stone Area will be held at the Community Room on Mainstreet Ortonville (located behind the Granary and Countryside Public Health). This group will meet to discuss how to move forward building a robust local foods system for the Big Stone Area.
Monday January 26th
6:30 pm
Ortonville Community Room (behind the Granary)
Back to top Go down
http://blog.lib.umn.edu/draeg001/regionalpartnerships/
joelie hicks
Power Poster
Power Poster
joelie hicks

Number of posts : 262
Registration date : 2008-09-21

PostSubject: Re: Local Foods Meeting for Big Stone Area Monday 1/26/09   Local Foods Meeting for Big Stone Area Monday 1/26/09 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2009 5:20 pm

Kathy; this is so exciting. I think we have a great future with local food and other products.
Have you read Michael Pollan and Joel Salatin?
I have met Ken too, and he does have some great ideas.
Back to top Go down
Kathy D
Kathy D

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2009-01-23

PostSubject: Re: Local Foods Meeting for Big Stone Area Monday 1/26/09   Local Foods Meeting for Big Stone Area Monday 1/26/09 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2009 5:24 pm

Jolie,

Hi! Yes-- I've read all of Pollen's books- starting way back with his first one 10 years ago called Botany of Desire. He's great. I've got Omnivores Dilemma on books on CD.

I hope you can make it to the meeting on Monday night. I'm "supposed" to be in Rochester on Monday, so most likely won't make it.
Back to top Go down
http://blog.lib.umn.edu/draeg001/regionalpartnerships/
joelie hicks
Power Poster
Power Poster
joelie hicks

Number of posts : 262
Registration date : 2008-09-21

PostSubject: Re: Local Foods Meeting for Big Stone Area Monday 1/26/09   Local Foods Meeting for Big Stone Area Monday 1/26/09 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2009 5:33 pm

I began with "Second Nature", but have read everything since, including Botany.
I will try, weather permitting to attend the meeting. This is the real future of rural america.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Local Foods Meeting for Big Stone Area Monday 1/26/09   Local Foods Meeting for Big Stone Area Monday 1/26/09 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Local Foods Meeting for Big Stone Area Monday 1/26/09
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Big Stone Lake Area Community Forums :: Lets talk: Regional News and topics of interest-
Jump to: