Big Stone Lake Area Community Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place where Big Stone Lake (and surrounding) area citizens can discuss area news, events and matters of concern.

PortalHomeGalleryA Fine Arts/Community Center in Grant County? Coolte22Latest imagesSearchA Fine Arts/Community Center in Grant County? Coolte24Log inRegister

A Fine Arts/Community Center in Grant County?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
joelie hicks
Power Poster
Power Poster
joelie hicks

Number of posts : 262
Registration date : 2008-09-21

A Fine Arts/Community Center in Grant County? Empty
PostSubject: A Fine Arts/Community Center in Grant County?   A Fine Arts/Community Center in Grant County? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 2:01 pm

The vacated Middle school has been on my mind.

I believe it is now owned by something called the Central School Corporation which I think is part of Central United Church.

The building, at least until a few years ago, was in pretty good shape. i do not know what has been left in the bulding.

But there is a lot of space.

Including a home ec room.
Imagine bringing it up to commercial code so local people rent the space could use it to produce canned/baked goods.

One of my employees suggested having youth drama camps in the summer.

I know there is a lot of interest in studio space rental, so artists do not have the clutter all over their houses. There is a lot of light and sinks etc.

Same for amateur wood workers, welders.

There are several large areas that could be used for various work shops.

That is just the begining.

Once it was up and running would there be enough space rented to keep utilities, repairs and insurance paid?

I think 100,000 would be more than enough to get the project off the ground.

Are there 100 people in the Milbank/Big Stone/Ortonville and surrounding areas who could contribute $1000 or more? Are there 200 people with $500 to invest in the community?

Would Central school be willing to sell? Anyone else have thoughts on this?
Back to top Go down

A Fine Arts/Community Center in Grant County?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Big Stone Lake Area Community Forums :: Lets talk: Regional News and topics of interest-
Jump to: