Big Stone Lake Area Community Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place where Big Stone Lake (and surrounding) area citizens can discuss area news, events and matters of concern.

PortalHomeGalleryNEW LAKESIDE PARK PROJECT! Coolte22Latest imagesSearchNEW LAKESIDE PARK PROJECT! Coolte24Log inRegister

NEW LAKESIDE PARK PROJECT!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Artie Arndt
Artie Arndt

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2009-02-02

NEW LAKESIDE PARK PROJECT! Empty
PostSubject: NEW LAKESIDE PARK PROJECT!   NEW LAKESIDE PARK PROJECT! Icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2009 12:21 pm

We are looking for volunteers to help with the construction of the new playground at Lakeside Park this spring. The Ortonville city, Big Stone Walleye Club and the Early Childhood group have done a fantastic job raising money for this awesome project through local donations and a State grant. Great job! If you would like to be a part of this project please leave your name and phone number with David Lang at the city office.
Back to top Go down
mouthpiece
Power Poster
Power Poster
mouthpiece

Number of posts : 721
Registration date : 2008-05-15

PostSubject: What is the current status.   NEW LAKESIDE PARK PROJECT! Icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2009 7:33 pm

At the council meeting last night there was some discussions about putting this and the bicycle trail on hold because of the budget issues. Was there a meeting I missed?

Are we serious about putting playground equipment ahead of law enforcement?

I think there are better compromises. Have we looked at all of the alternatives?
Back to top Go down
Artie Arndt
Artie Arndt

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2009-02-02

PostSubject: Playground   NEW LAKESIDE PARK PROJECT! Icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2009 8:06 pm

Yes, you have missed several meetings about this. The playground equipment is bought, paid for and in city storage. There are many to thank for making that possible. It falls right in with a previous post of yours refering to "doing something for the children". I would also think that it ranks right up there with your hockey rink idea. The only difference between the two is about a million dollars. Thats all. I am guessing the use would be far more on the new playground equipment by the lake, especially with the boom in tourism calls! The new restroom facility which was a part of this plan may wait until the city can afford the other half of the $129,000 grant that was awarded to the city.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: NEW LAKESIDE PARK PROJECT!   NEW LAKESIDE PARK PROJECT! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

NEW LAKESIDE PARK PROJECT!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Big Stone Lake Area Community Forums :: Big Stone Lake Area :: Ortonville, MN :: Ortonville News :: Archive :: Archive 08-09-
Jump to: