Big Stone Lake Area Community Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place where Big Stone Lake (and surrounding) area citizens can discuss area news, events and matters of concern.

PortalHomeGalleryHearing Aids Available for Veterans? Coolte22Latest imagesSearchHearing Aids Available for Veterans? Coolte24Log inRegister

Hearing Aids Available for Veterans?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
mouthpiece
Power Poster
Power Poster
mouthpiece

Number of posts : 721
Registration date : 2008-05-15

Hearing Aids Available for Veterans? Empty
PostSubject: Hearing Aids Available for Veterans?   Hearing Aids Available for Veterans? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 13, 2009 11:53 am

By: Dan Meyer
The office hours for the Lac qui Parle County Veterans Service Office are 8:00 am - 4:30 pm Monday through Friday. My office phone number is (320) 598-3445.

What is a County Veteran Service Officer?

When you come into the County Veterans Services Office in Madison, Minnesota you will get the service and assistance you deserve. The County Veterans Service Officer has a compassionate understanding of the problems, which confront veterans, widows, widowers, and children. The County Veterans Service Officer knows the extent, the meaning and the application of laws that have been passed by the U.S. Congress in the interests of veterans and their dependents. They also know the rules and regulations adopted by the Department of Veterans Affairs to clarify and implement those laws. The County Veterans Service Officer will apply specialized knowledge in the best way suited to the needs of every individual veteran or other beneficiary who comes to the office for assistance.

The veterans of Lac qui Parle County have served our Nation proudly and their families have kept the home fires burning brightly until the return of their beloved veteran. Please keep all of our Nation's veterans in your hearts. Especially those brave men and women deployed with our Minnesota Army National Guard Units.

In other news. I am a veteran, can I get a hearing aid(s) from the VA? VA Directive 2002-039 explains that hearing aids are currently limited to veterans with a documented service connected hearing loss, veterans receiving a disability rating of 10% or more - for a condition other than hearing loss, and some veterans with special needs.

With exception of veterans with documented service connection hearing loss, an eligible veteran must be currently enrolled in and receiving health care from a VA Medical Center or VA Outpatient Clinic.

If you are a veteran in need of hearing aid(s), and meet the above criteria, please call or stop by our office and allow us to help you. If you are a veteran who is not service connected and have hearing loss and/or ringing in you ear(s) that was caused by military service, we can help you. My assistant, Andrea and I are on duty and waiting for you to contact us!

In the "Did You Know" segment. Did you know that Andrea Lewis began her new career as the Assistant Veterans Service Officer to Dan Meyer/Economic Development Authority Assistant to Pam Lehmann on July 1, 2009? It's true! Please stop by our office, say hello and welcome her to our TEAM!

Until next week, take care and "Fair winds and following seas."
Back to top Go down

Hearing Aids Available for Veterans?
Page 1 of 1