Big Stone Lake Area Community Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place where Big Stone Lake (and surrounding) area citizens can discuss area news, events and matters of concern.

PortalHomeGalleryWhy should my child be punished for an uncontrollable coach Coolte22Latest imagesSearchWhy should my child be punished for an uncontrollable coach Coolte24Log inRegister

Why should my child be punished for an uncontrollable coach

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
wiggles
wiggles

Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Why should my child be punished for an uncontrollable coach Empty
PostSubject: Why should my child be punished for an uncontrollable coach   Why should my child be punished for an uncontrollable coach Icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2009 8:08 pm

Here we go, basketball season has arrived and after that girls basketball ordeal over the last nine months, my daughter is still being punished for something a coach did. My daughter has been denied to play at a varsity level at the school she transferred to because the Ortonville School does not give children a voice.Thanks to a coach who chose to use her authority to degrade children instead of teach and respect children, my daughter continues to live in this never ending situation, she continues to blame herself for what the coach said and did to her, still making everyday a challenge for her. We also believe that some of the school board and the administration failed to comply with the bullying policy, we should have continued with our pursuit of justice on abuse, and after todays decision with the Minnesota High School League my goal will be to make a change, no matter what it takes.There is no reason a child's life has to be continually turned upside down and the coaches life continues without effect. My question is, when will justice be served, why should a child be continually held accountable for something out of her control, why should her life be so confusing when it should be the happiest time of her life. We are not looking for sympathy we just want your support. Let's make a change!!!
Back to top Go down
wiggles
wiggles

PostSubject: Re: Why should my child be punished for an uncontrollable coach   Why should my child be punished for an uncontrollable coach Icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2009 9:06 pm

Hey, information rolling in!!!!! Let us get the personal interviews from the girls basketball team, sounds like a lot of them had a few choice things to say. A million bucks says the coach doesn't want to share that with us, sounds like she was confronted on issues and she knows if things get out she will be caught in her lies. Bet the school board doesn't look at them, like they should since she is so called being watched, but like usual, if they do they will probably be swept under that trojan rug, like everything else.
PEOPLE Why should my child be punished for an uncontrollable coach 885128 Keep the phone calls coming and write on the forum we need to get this secret out once and for all, it has been covered up long enough!!!!!!!!
If you don't want to speak out I will, ME NOT AFRAID!!!!!!!!!! I am doing this for all children who have the right to have a voice!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Lady Hawk
Admin
Admin
Lady Hawk

Number of posts : 622
Job/hobbies : Wife/Mother
Registration date : 2008-05-16

PostSubject: Why couldn't she play basketball?   Why should my child be punished for an uncontrollable coach Icon_minitimeWed Nov 18, 2009 9:23 pm

wiggles wrote:
. My daughter has been denied to play at a varsity level at the school she transferred to because the Ortonville School does not give children a voice.

wiggles, I am confused. How is it that your daughter was denied playing at the varsity level at the new school? Did your daughter need permission from the Ortonville School in order to play elsewhere?
Back to top Go down
wiggles
wiggles

PostSubject: Re: Why should my child be punished for an uncontrollable coach   Why should my child be punished for an uncontrollable coach Icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 8:31 am

Ladyhawk, When my daughter transfered because of the situation we had in the Ortonville school, all documentations including sports activities is sent to the attending school. Since my daughter did not play the entire season, she is not allowed by the Minnesota High School League to participate at a varsity level at all. We are trying to over rule this by appealing the decision and I hope it works. The current coach is doing all he can to help with this matter, he agrees she has been through a terrible ordeal and feels as she is also being punished for something out of her control. If we would have moved and changed our residence she would have been able to play. I along with others do not quite understand this ruling, but we are all working together to make things right. All we can do is hope for the best and hope someday this ordeal will be put behind us and we can once again have a normal life and can go and playing the sport she has always loved. Some day we hope she will stop feeling like she did something wrong to have been treated like she was. She stood up with a voice to what she believed was wrong, as well did other girls, but to our disbelief, some of the school board did not see the severity of the issue.
Back to top Go down
Lady Hawk
Admin
Admin
Lady Hawk

Number of posts : 622
Job/hobbies : Wife/Mother
Registration date : 2008-05-16

PostSubject: What is the purpose of school sports?   Why should my child be punished for an uncontrollable coach Icon_minitimeFri Nov 20, 2009 7:55 am

wiggles wrote:
When my daughter transfered because of the situation we had in the Ortonville school, all documentations including sports activities is sent to the attending school. Since my daughter did not play the entire season, she is not allowed by the Minnesota High School League to participate at a varsity level at all.

Am I reading this correctly? Your daughter NEVER played during the ENTIRE SEASON? You mean to say that some children will go to practice, suit up for a game and sit through an entire game week after week and NOT PLAY? My emotions at this time are difficult to express. It had always been my impression that sports were for all the kids involved. Winning games is nice but sports is where children are supposed to learn and grow skills of not only physical but mental and emotional skills as well. What can a child learn from working hard and always sitting on the bench. Rejection? No matter how hard they work they are NOT GOOD ENOUGH?

"ALWAYS sitting on the bench?" There wasn't even one game for a few minutes that the girl couldn't have been allowed to play for awhile? Perhaps some people should take the time to decide what is important. Winning games or growing children. In other words is the purpose of the school sports program to win or is it to give all children in the school an opportunity for physical and personal growth.

Wiggles, thank you for keeping us informed about the progress of the situation and sharing with us what has happened. I have often wondered how things were going for your family and the other families involved.
Back to top Go down
wiggles
wiggles

PostSubject: Re: Why should my child be punished for an uncontrollable coach   Why should my child be punished for an uncontrollable coach Icon_minitimeFri Nov 20, 2009 3:44 pm

No ladyhawk you are not reading it clearly, but I could have made it more clear on my part. My daughter was one of the many who had problems with the basketball coach and could not deal with the emotional abuse, so she quit the team after the first few games. She could not bear being treated as such any more and felt it was up to her to make that step since the coach was not willing to discuss it. But part of your commemnt is true. Children all practice hard and many of them do not get to see much playing time if any. It is sad what sports can do to a child, they just want to play and deserve to do that. Your right winning isn't everything but the coaches see different. Depending on how many mistakes you make is how the next practice goes, you play bad you do more intense practice, you play well, you do less. It is unfortunate to have matters lead to this. Sports is a good out for children, it keeps them fit and shows them discipline, that is if you have a good coach. It has just come down to my daughter now not caring and having no trust in adults, it is hard to see her in this manner, she is bright and use to be out going. All I want is my daughter back, and through therapy I hope this happens, but at the current time things are looking grim on our part. I am thankful for your concern and wish you could have met my daughter before this all happened with the emotional abuse, she is a totally different person now and it is heart breaking. Thanks for writing.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why should my child be punished for an uncontrollable coach   Why should my child be punished for an uncontrollable coach Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Why should my child be punished for an uncontrollable coach
Page 1 of 1