Big Stone Lake Area Community Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place where Big Stone Lake (and surrounding) area citizens can discuss area news, events and matters of concern.

PortalHomeGalleryMonday night Girls Bball game-Ortonville vs. Milbank Coolte22Latest imagesSearchMonday night Girls Bball game-Ortonville vs. Milbank Coolte24Log inRegister

Monday night Girls Bball game-Ortonville vs. Milbank

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
notebook
notebook

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2009-08-20

Monday night Girls Bball game-Ortonville vs. Milbank Empty
PostSubject: Monday night Girls Bball game-Ortonville vs. Milbank   Monday night Girls Bball game-Ortonville vs. Milbank Icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2010 9:59 pm

January 4th 2010

It was very disappointing to watch and listen to the horrible sportsmanship displayed by some of the Ortonville fans (young and old) as Ortonville hosted the Milbank Bulldogs. To sit in the stands and listen to negative comments as the fans booed & jeered the Milbank players as they were being introduced before the start of the basketball game and as they played the game, made us wholeheartedly realize that we made the right decision for our family.

Even worse was watching as some players were intentionally trying to hurt other players. To know that coaches, administration and some school board members, and parents condoned and participated in this behavior is UNACCEPTABLE!

YOU CALL THAT SCHOOL SPIRIT? Monday night Girls Bball game-Ortonville vs. Milbank Kopfschuettel

School sports should be fun for everyone, not a place where people get ridiculed and harassed!
Monday night Girls Bball game-Ortonville vs. Milbank 787470
Life may change us, but we start and end with family.
Back to top Go down
Lady Hawk
Admin
Admin
Lady Hawk

Number of posts : 622
Job/hobbies : Wife/Mother
Registration date : 2008-05-16

Monday night Girls Bball game-Ortonville vs. Milbank Empty
PostSubject: Good manners can be learned.   Monday night Girls Bball game-Ortonville vs. Milbank Icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2010 10:31 pm

Hi notebook, it's good to hear from you. Thanks for posting about the game. Sometimes people need to be reminded about things. Your post made me think. It made me think about the first thing that impressed me about the4-H program.

It happened at our first county fair. When the kids were competing on horseback each kid was cheered. whee Every time a kid took of on their horseMonday night Girls Bball game-Ortonville vs. Milbank Smiley-transport012in the arena everyone in the crowd yelled encouragement. cheers Even the other competitors who were waiting their turn.Monday night Girls Bball game-Ortonville vs. Milbank Smiley-transport018If the kid had a problem or something went wrong the crowd would still cheer and applaud for them. applause Wow, it was so encouraging to see everyone pull together like that. Even when the kids sat on their horses outside the arena waiting for their turn it was fun and filled with happy banter.

I have been told that it wasn't always like that but some people evidently got together and changed it for the better. Sportsmanship is possibly the most important aspect of sports in my opinion. People can change for the better. It just takes a few people willing to start. Good manners are welcome everywhere. Welcome
Back to top Go down

Monday night Girls Bball game-Ortonville vs. Milbank
Page 1 of 1