Big Stone Lake Area Community Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place where Big Stone Lake (and surrounding) area citizens can discuss area news, events and matters of concern.

PortalHomeGalleryJobs Bill Introduced in State House of Representatives Coolte22Latest imagesSearchJobs Bill Introduced in State House of Representatives Coolte24Log inRegister

Jobs Bill Introduced in State House of Representatives

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Reporter
Super Poster
Super Poster
Reporter

Number of posts : 241
Job/hobbies : Report the news.
Registration date : 2009-08-04

Jobs Bill Introduced in State House of Representatives Empty
PostSubject: Jobs Bill Introduced in State House of Representatives   Jobs Bill Introduced in State House of Representatives Icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 9:46 am

2010 LEGISLATIVE SESSION IS UNDERWAY

ST. PAUL, MN – State Rep. Andrew Falk (DFL – Murdock), and state lawmakers from every corner of the state, descended on the State Capitol yesterday as the 2010 Legislative Session got underway. Legislators got to work quickly, introducing a jobs package (HF2700) that will boost the state’s infrastructure and put 10,000 Minnesotans back on the job. A key Health and Human Services committee also began looking at options to restore the General Assistance Medical Care (GAMC) program eliminated by Governor Tim Pawlenty’s veto pen last session.“We’re not wasting any time,” said Rep. Falk.

The Capital Investment bill rolled out is one signature piece of a comprehensive jobs agenda being pursued this session. The work of a bipartisan Jobs Task Force that met over the interim has produced a number of job-creating initiatives aimed at making Minnesota’s business climate more competitive and putting people back to work quickly.

Rep. Falk stressed how important it is that all branches of government work together this session to meet the many pressing challenges that Minnesota faces: “I came to St. Paul with a renewed sense of optimism. Democrats and Republicans are talking to each other and coming to a resolution on how to handle our budget. I am hopeful the spirit of bipartisanship continues,” said Rep. Falk.

Over the past few weeks I have been holding town hall meetings throughout my district. Many of you have given me great ideas on how to proceed with the difficulties we are facing in St. Paul. Thank you. Please continue to contact me throughout the legislative session with suggestions and ideas.

Unfortunately, due to inclement weather town hall meetings had to be cancelled in Ortonville and Hendricks. They have been rescheduled as follows:

· February 13, 2:30 PM at the Ortonville Library

· February 20, 2:00 PM at the Hendricks Hospital

I look forward to seeing you as I continue to meet and greet throughout my district. If you have thoughts, comments or questions, please contact me at my office (651) 296-4228 or by email at rep.andrew.falk@house.mn
Back to top Go down
mouthpiece
Power Poster
Power Poster
mouthpiece

Number of posts : 721
Registration date : 2008-05-15

PostSubject: Is this a jobs bill?   Jobs Bill Introduced in State House of Representatives Icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2010 8:49 am

I would encourage all to carefully read what is in this bill so that we can define it better. Some say it is a state stimulus package of more unneeded spending and others are saying it is a jobs bill. Here is some additional information.

http://politicsinminnesota.com/blog/2009/12/paper-trail-everything-you-always-wanted-to-know-about-the-house-jobs-task-force/
Back to top Go down
Lady Hawk
Admin
Admin
Lady Hawk

Number of posts : 622
Job/hobbies : Wife/Mother
Registration date : 2008-05-16

PostSubject: Re: Jobs Bill Introduced in State House of Representatives   Jobs Bill Introduced in State House of Representatives Icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 8:48 pm

This appears to be more of the same. So far tossing out money to towns has not produced growth only special interests.

12. SBA loans

15. Increase funding for the Growth Accelerated Program GAP for small business for business grants

17. Expanding funding for affordable housing.

Item 12 is interesting. Why don't small towns keep their money local?

12. Expand state deposits of its cash to include community banks, not just the highest bidders, which tend to be exclusively money center banks.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jobs Bill Introduced in State House of Representatives   Jobs Bill Introduced in State House of Representatives Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Jobs Bill Introduced in State House of Representatives
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Big Stone Lake Area Community Forums :: Lets talk: Regional News and topics of interest :: Minnesota Politics-
Jump to: