Big Stone Lake Area Community Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place where Big Stone Lake (and surrounding) area citizens can discuss area news, events and matters of concern.

PortalHomeGalleryMilbank and Big Stone City there wil be  dancing in the stre Coolte22Latest imagesSearchMilbank and Big Stone City there wil be  dancing in the stre Coolte24Log inRegister

Milbank and Big Stone City there wil be dancing in the stre

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
mouthpiece
Power Poster
Power Poster
mouthpiece

Number of posts : 721
Registration date : 2008-05-15

Milbank and Big Stone City there wil be  dancing in the stre Empty
PostSubject: Milbank and Big Stone City there wil be dancing in the streets   Milbank and Big Stone City there wil be  dancing in the stre Icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2009 8:22 am

Milbank and Big Stone City should be and are celebrating the news that Minnesota has approved the upgraded transmission lines going through Minnesota.SmileyCentral.com

The last step, a federal process could be decided in a few months.

Congratulations to all at Otter Tail and Missouri River Basin. This will definitely help our area survive the current economic crisis.
Back to top Go down
Lady Hawk
Admin
Admin
Lady Hawk

Number of posts : 622
Job/hobbies : Wife/Mother
Registration date : 2008-05-16

PostSubject: Intelligent comments welcome.   Milbank and Big Stone City there wil be  dancing in the stre Icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2009 1:57 pm

Two posts have been deleted for inappropriate content.

The members have been asked to resubmit their post respectfully, stay on topic, don't get personal, and there will be no problems with being deleted.

The Forums are not a blank check to say anything that comes to a persons head. There is responsibility that goes with it. I believe that people have many valid points to their positions on the various issues and I look forward to hearing them.

Last edited by Lady Hawk on Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:55 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
mouthpiece
Power Poster
Power Poster
mouthpiece

Number of posts : 721
Registration date : 2008-05-15

PostSubject: Dancing in the streets   Milbank and Big Stone City there wil be  dancing in the stre Icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2009 3:47 pm

Dancing in the streets

There are two members that attempted to diminish the accomplishments of Otter Tail and Missouri River Basin by ridiculing other members.

For these members, there was a seven step process that was meant to insure the safety of the communities involved. The current elect-President opposes coal plants. Is he a hypocrite?

The seven step process took years to accomplish and I for one would point out to you that they do not build these coal powered plants in Chicage or New York City. Perhaps they are built in low population centers for a reason. At least two state governments and the federal government believes that they should be build with care and concerns for the citizens.

I quite frankly believe that Otter Tail and Missouri River Basin had a tough job and did get the job accomplished. They should be congratulated!

Perhaps if we made large feedlots go through a more rigorous process that took years to accomplish and millions of dollars they would have a better relation with their neighbors.

I can clearly see why the advocates for large feedlots cause neighbor problems. They just are obnoxious and do not care about others.

Hats off to Otter Tail and Missouri River Basin for caring for others, including their neighbors.
Back to top Go down
mythoughts
Advanced Member
Advanced Member
mythoughts

Number of posts : 75
Registration date : 2008-10-17

PostSubject: Only those who are happy about Big Stone II have a voice?   Milbank and Big Stone City there wil be  dancing in the stre Icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2009 12:49 pm

Why did you delete the posts from people who are unhappy about Big Stone II? You personally are a fan of the 7 step process for approving coal fired plants and you personally are against new large feedlots no matter how many steps today's process has. Exercising too much control over posts is bad for free speech.

Your posts appear and theirs do not. Hmmm. If you edit posts on topics for which you do not post that would make more sense.

I am not personally opposed to Big Stone II and I respect the process and I can read posts by people with an opposing view even if they get a little personal. Everyone's posts have a personal aspect.
Back to top Go down
Lady Hawk
Admin
Admin
Lady Hawk

Number of posts : 622
Job/hobbies : Wife/Mother
Registration date : 2008-05-16

PostSubject: Deleting Trolls   Milbank and Big Stone City there wil be  dancing in the stre Icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2009 7:34 am

LindaS wrote:
Why did you delete the posts from people who are unhappy about Big Stone II? You personally are a fan of the 7 step process for approving coal fired plants and you personally are against new large feedlots no matter how many steps today's process has. Exercising too much control over posts is bad for free speech.

Your posts appear and theirs do not. Hmmm. If you edit posts on topics for which you do not post that would make more sense.

I am not personally opposed to Big Stone II and I respect the process and I can read posts by people with an opposing view even if they get a little personal. Everyone's posts have a personal aspect.

LindaS, I was the one to delete the posts. As I recall the posts were using the personal name of another forum member, mocking them, and had nothing to do with the topic and used inappropriate language. One could assume these people were for the plant but used that opportunity to make fun of other members rather than talk about how happy they were the plant was coming in. One of the people has admitted that the entire reason they came on to this site is to stir up trouble. They were trolls and so were deleted.

Like you I have no problem with reading posts by people with an opposing view. I appreciate your comment that your constitution is such that you can keep personal comments in perspective. That shows character and we need more of it in today's world. I will keep your thoughts in mind in the future. Thanks. handshake
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Milbank and Big Stone City there wil be dancing in the stre   Milbank and Big Stone City there wil be  dancing in the stre Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Milbank and Big Stone City there wil be dancing in the stre
Page 1 of 1