Big Stone Lake Area Community Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place where Big Stone Lake (and surrounding) area citizens can discuss area news, events and matters of concern.

PortalHomeGalleryWhat a wild morning! Coolte22Latest imagesSearchWhat a wild morning! Coolte24Log inRegister

What a wild morning!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
nascargirl
Super Poster
Super Poster
nascargirl

Number of posts : 236
Registration date : 2008-06-08

What a wild morning! Empty
PostSubject: What a wild morning!   What a wild morning! Icon_minitimeThu Jul 31, 2008 8:41 pm

Bad weather in our area this morning and extending even further. KMSD and KDIO gave lots of good coverage of the damage.

The damage extended further south from SD into MN including Madison, Dawson, Boyd, Milan, Montevideo -- right down the river.

Damage to farms, crops, grain elevators, along with damage within the cities will take time to recover.

Our thoughts and prayers are with all those who experienced damage and loss.

On Computer
nascargirl
Back to top Go down
Lady Hawk
Admin
Admin
Lady Hawk

Number of posts : 622
Job/hobbies : Wife/Mother
Registration date : 2008-05-16

PostSubject: Re: What a wild morning!   What a wild morning! Icon_minitimeFri Aug 01, 2008 9:09 am

I talked to the Postmaster and he said that there were several farmers that he knew that lost their crops due to hail. That's a great loss, very sad.

I watched the storm around 5:00 am. From my front window you couldn't see the trees across the street because the rain was so heavy. And amazingly enough the rain was moving horizontally up the street. It was not falling as much as it was speeding up the road. It was like a wall of water drag racing.

Lady.H :umbrella:
Back to top Go down
ls73
ls73

Number of posts : 12
Job/hobbies : geocaching, genealogy, biking, hiking
Registration date : 2008-07-28

PostSubject: Re: What a wild morning!   What a wild morning! Icon_minitimeSat Aug 02, 2008 1:26 pm

I was driving home from work in Monte and the sky was black/green. Lots of lightning. I was going around a corner and saw a flash of light, then sparks. Not sure what that was?? Drove 30-40mph on the highway due to heavy rain and wind. Surprised my little car stayed on the road! Debris on the road in Watson; looked like some kind of metal fencing. Appleton looked really bad, trees down everywhere. Was expecting the worst when I pulled into town, but luckily only small branches in the yard. When I went to work that night I saw damaged crops along the way and lots of trees down in Monte as well. Freaky!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What a wild morning!   What a wild morning! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What a wild morning!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Big Stone Lake Area Community Forums :: Area Weather :: Severe Weather and Cancellations :: Archive-
Jump to: