Big Stone Lake Area Community Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place where Big Stone Lake (and surrounding) area citizens can discuss area news, events and matters of concern.

PortalHomeGalleryMinnesota State Fair Coolte22Latest imagesSearchMinnesota State Fair Coolte24Log inRegister

Minnesota State Fair

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
nascargirl
Super Poster
Super Poster
nascargirl

Number of posts : 236
Registration date : 2008-06-08

Minnesota State Fair Empty
PostSubject: Minnesota State Fair   Minnesota State Fair Icon_minitimeSun Aug 24, 2008 8:33 pm

Computerwhiz - how was the State Fair? I'd love to hear about the events you participated in and all the fun you had. The weather was really nice during the fair -- I don't remember hearing of any bad weather.

On Computer

nascargirl
Back to top Go down
Lady Hawk
Admin
Admin
Lady Hawk

Number of posts : 622
Job/hobbies : Wife/Mother
Registration date : 2008-05-16

PostSubject: Re: Minnesota State Fair   Minnesota State Fair Icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2008 8:14 am

Hello everyone it iis great to be back. The Minnesota State Fair was a whirlwind of activity.
:geek:

One of the best displays in my opinion was the Sesquicentennial Tent. When you first walk in on your left there was a table filled with assorted components. What you were looking at were parts of the first computers that were built. Did you know that computers had a begining in Minnsota? A group of engineers from Lockheed and Unisys banded together to save things that were being thrown out and use them to educate the public to the history of the technology.

I'll have to look for the website they gave me and send you the link. Evidently it all started with two men who were code breakers during WWII and after the war came home to start a company that eventually produced billions for Minnesota. It was fascinating to talk to these men who had been there during the Apollo missions and lived through what they called the "dark ages" of technology before all this that we have at our finger tips now exisited. Did you know that the cell phones we carry are 1,000 times more powerful than the computer that landed man on the moon?

On another subject you asked how computerwhiz did at the State Fair. I am bursting with pride as I announce that computerwhiz recieved a purple ribbon for her entry of "The Big Stone Lake Area Forums."

fun
Great Job Computerwhiz !!!! applause
Back to top Go down
nascargirl
Super Poster
Super Poster
nascargirl

Number of posts : 236
Registration date : 2008-06-08

PostSubject: EXCELLENT!   Minnesota State Fair Icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2008 8:01 pm

cheers CONGRATULATIONS TO COMPUTERWHIZ!!! It is well deserved! Yes, Lady Hawk you should be PROUD! This forum was a big undertaking and I for one appreciate all the hard work she has put into it and hope that this forum will continue.

Sounds like a GREAT TIME at the fair!

By the way, did you try any of the new foods on a stick? They kept showing bacon dipped in chocolate on a stick on all the news channels. Now, I like bacon and I like chocolate...but not necessarily TOGETHER!

On Computer
nascargirl

Back to top Go down
Lady Hawk
Admin
Admin
Lady Hawk

Number of posts : 622
Job/hobbies : Wife/Mother
Registration date : 2008-05-16

PostSubject: Re: Minnesota State Fair   Minnesota State Fair Icon_minitimeFri Sep 05, 2008 8:22 am

About the bacon dipped in chocolate on a stick......

:P

There were numerous people coming to our booth asking where they could find it. For the most part they seemed curious to see it but no one I talked to wanted to try it. People appeared to have an attitude similar to yours. I like bacon, I like chocolate, but it sounds like a recipe for a great bellyache. I was working so much I never made it to Famous Dave's to see it.
scratch

I did however have some stuffed olives on a stick. Of course every year I have the salmon on a stick at Giggles. Their raspberry sauce is great.

Naturally since I worked at the Fudge Puppy booth I ate a waffle on a stick. The best treat at the fair.
Chef
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Minnesota State Fair   Minnesota State Fair Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Minnesota State Fair
Page 1 of 1