Big Stone Lake Area Community Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place where Big Stone Lake (and surrounding) area citizens can discuss area news, events and matters of concern.

PortalHomeGalleryPolitical Rumors Coolte22Latest imagesSearchPolitical Rumors Coolte24Log inRegister

Political Rumors

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
angdoren
angdoren

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2009-10-15

Political Rumors Empty
PostSubject: Political Rumors   Political Rumors Icon_minitimeWed Oct 28, 2009 11:34 am

I have debated for hours as to whether or not to address what I heard this morning. I will never and have never appreciated the rumor game that is played in politics. It has come to my attention from a business owner in Ortonville, that the rumor is spreading fast that I have been unfaithful to my husband with a known member of the community. First of all, grow up!! Second of all, and for respect for the other individual named, I am unwilling to put his name in print. I have met this person one time since moving here, he visited my garage sale last summer.
The conversation consisted of a Thank You and that is where it ended.
I am kind of in awe right now, that a town like Ortonville feels the need to resort to rumors. When I got the call this morning, the person was concerned for me and knew that the rumor was not true.
For those of you that do not know us, my husband has a terminal heart condition. We have been very fortunate to have him survive the last couple of years. He will be the first to tell you it is impossible, as we are together almost 24/7. The last thing I will stand for is unneccessary rumors causing an increase in blood pressure and risking his life. Please respect the fact that I am running for City Council for the sole purpose of making life better here for my husband, my children, the community members and myself. If the town honestly would prefer to believe such a vicious rumor, than please vote for another canidate. As I intend to listen to each of you and respect you, I do expect the same in return.
Thank you.
Back to top Go down
http://www.angeladoren.community.officelive.com
sickofit
sickofit

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Political Rumors Empty
PostSubject: Re: Political Rumors   Political Rumors Icon_minitimeWed Oct 28, 2009 12:10 pm

Angdoren,

I am very sorry to hear that you have been a victim of such a terrible rumor. I grew up in Ortonville, and I can tell you from past experience, there are people in this town that THRIVE on rumors such as these; starting them, spreading them, and just plain causing pain to people who usually do not deserve it. I have been a victim a few times in the past, and it boggles my mind that people have nothing better to do than sit around and make up stories about other people. And, I can also tell you, it is usually the same people that are making up and spreading these rumors around. The only conclusion I can come to, is that their lives are so pitiful and shallow, that the only enjoyment they get is trying to ruin someone else's happiness in life. So, I agree with your comment, these people need to grow up and get a life!

Hang in there and believe that you are doing the right thing! There are some good people left in Ortonville who need a person like you to step up and represent us!
Back to top Go down
angdoren
angdoren

Political Rumors Empty
PostSubject: Re: Political Rumors   Political Rumors Icon_minitimeWed Oct 28, 2009 12:19 pm

Thank you.
Back to top Go down
computerwhiz
Admin
Admin
computerwhiz

Number of posts : 111
Registration date : 2008-05-15

Political Rumors Empty
PostSubject: Re: Political Rumors   Political Rumors Icon_minitimeWed Oct 28, 2009 1:43 pm

Thank you angdoren for bringing this to light, I'm sorry to hear that you have been the victim of such a despicable rumor.

The forums is here to help people like yourself, who have been victims of foul play like this, to bring the truth to light.

I wish the best for you, your husband and your family.

Hopefully people will read your post and truly take it to heart, and when voting time comes they will ignore the petty rumors and political mud slinging and focus on whats truly important.

Good luck in the election Political Rumors 142532
Back to top Go down
http://bigstonelakearearoyalty.blogspot.com
angdoren
angdoren

Political Rumors Empty
PostSubject: Re: Political Rumors   Political Rumors Icon_minitimeWed Oct 28, 2009 2:31 pm

I will go on record after my phone just rang for the fourth time today and state that since moving here, my husband had another VTACH episode which led to a lengthy out of town hospital trip to have a major defribulator put in, which caused a financial hardship during my time away with him, and I myself have been off work since May with rods that have broke in my back. I am scheduled to have surgery in Minneapolis to have 2 spacers put in and 6-8 new rods to hopefully repair the damage and return me to a physical state that allows me to return to work.
I have been blessed by assistance offered to help my family during the very difficult times and appreciate it. However, contrary to the newest 'rumor', you can check with the city office, I have never had my utilities shut off during my time in Ortonville.
I think it is sad, that the financial hardship of a family can determine the mindset of what others think about someone.
Again, I would like to thank the many people that have reached out to me since the forum last week and offered their best wishes for the election. For any of you that are enjoying the game of 'let's find dirt on the new person', please find something constructive to do to help the community.
Whether I become elected or not will not determine if I become more involved in what is happening. I look forward to my surgery getting done, recovering, and helping any way that I can bring Ortonville back to its fullest potential.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Political Rumors Empty
PostSubject: Re: Political Rumors   Political Rumors Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Political Rumors
Page 1 of 1