Big Stone Lake Area Community Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place where Big Stone Lake (and surrounding) area citizens can discuss area news, events and matters of concern.

PortalHomeGalleryThe Minnesota Recount a Recipe for Political Disaster Coolte22Latest imagesSearchThe Minnesota Recount a Recipe for Political Disaster Coolte24Log inRegister

The Minnesota Recount a Recipe for Political Disaster

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
mouthpiece
Power Poster
Power Poster
mouthpiece

Number of posts : 721
Registration date : 2008-05-15

The Minnesota Recount a Recipe for Political Disaster Empty
PostSubject: The Minnesota Recount a Recipe for Political Disaster   The Minnesota Recount a Recipe for Political Disaster Icon_minitimeThu Nov 13, 2008 7:09 pm

As we approach decision time in the Franken and Coleman disaster we must examine those of us who have voted legally and diligently. Have we been duped?SmileyCentral.com

Those of us who registered to vote, took our time to vote and realized the importance of voting made sure we were not making arrangements at the last minute.

Ballots that are appearing out of the blue dilute our vote.

Acorn and the Franken's argument are creating new law and nothing more than a creative argument to count illegal votes.

The recount I am in favor. Counting votes because poll workers were negligent dilutes the vote of those of us who are responsible citizens.
Back to top Go down
mouthpiece
Power Poster
Power Poster
mouthpiece

PostSubject: We need to have voter education in Minnesota.   The Minnesota Recount a Recipe for Political Disaster Icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2008 3:13 pm

The Minneapolis Tribune has disclosed actual ballots in contention for all counties in the state.

I have also today read the canvassing totals.

There can be only one conclusion. Almost 100 votes in Big Stone County were rejected and we need to educate the voters how to vote.

Some of the things that occurred were atrocious and the voter needs classes on voting.javascript:emoticonp('scratch')
Back to top Go down
Lady Hawk
Admin
Admin
Lady Hawk

Number of posts : 622
Job/hobbies : Wife/Mother
Registration date : 2008-05-16

PostSubject: Re: The Minnesota Recount a Recipe for Political Disaster   The Minnesota Recount a Recipe for Political Disaster Icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2008 7:30 pm

Where did you get your information on the canvassing totals?

You can go online to the Minneapolis Tribune and see some of the ballots in question and vote online who the ballots should go to.

It is not official of course, but it still may be interesting to see what rejected ballots look like.

Star Tribune
Back to top Go down
mouthpiece
Power Poster
Power Poster
mouthpiece

PostSubject: Voting Results by County were through Sec'y of State and Tribune   The Minnesota Recount a Recipe for Political Disaster Icon_minitimeSun Dec 14, 2008 1:48 pm

The breakdowns of the counties was from the Sec'y of State and the Minneapolis Tribune.

Not only were ballots rejected in Big Stone County but most counties throughout the state.

We need voter education.
Back to top Go down
nascargirl
Super Poster
Super Poster
nascargirl

Number of posts : 236
Registration date : 2008-06-08

PostSubject: Ballots   The Minnesota Recount a Recipe for Political Disaster Icon_minitimeSun Dec 14, 2008 5:47 pm

There are various websites that show some of the ballots that were in question for this race, and the ballots have been on several news shows since the election. Some of the ballots that bother me, include the person who wrote in 'LIZARD PEOPLE" as a write in and the ballot that voted for more than ONE person in all the races. Oh boy

Here is one of the sites:
http://minnesota.publicradio.org/features/2008/11/19_challenged_ballots/

My parents took me with them when I was little, when they voted and showed me how to actually vote. To this day, my mom saves the sample ballot from the newspaper, reviews it, fills it in, and takes it with her when she goes to the polling place. She does this to avoid any confusion and to make sure her REAL ballot is properly filled in and that her vote will count. This is something the Secretary of State and the League of Women Voters suggests.

I agree, there needs to be a course that is mandatory before you vote the first time, like -- 'VOTING 101. I do not know how more simple the ballot can be written? After looking at some of those ballots, it makes me wonder if these people just want attention? Whatever the reason, it's too bad, they made a mockery of our right to vote.

On Computer
nascargirl
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Minnesota Recount a Recipe for Political Disaster   The Minnesota Recount a Recipe for Political Disaster Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Minnesota Recount a Recipe for Political Disaster
Page 1 of 1