Big Stone Lake Area Community Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place where Big Stone Lake (and surrounding) area citizens can discuss area news, events and matters of concern.

PortalHomeGalleryDisablity Compensation is Tax Free Coolte22Latest imagesSearchDisablity Compensation is Tax Free Coolte24Log inRegister

Disablity Compensation is Tax Free

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Reporter
Super Poster
Super Poster
Reporter

Number of posts : 241
Job/hobbies : Report the news.
Registration date : 2009-08-04

Disablity Compensation is Tax Free Empty
PostSubject: Disablity Compensation is Tax Free   Disablity Compensation is Tax Free Icon_minitimeWed Dec 23, 2009 8:18 am

By: Dan Meyer

The office hours for the Big Stone County Veterans Service Office are 7:30 am – 4:00 pm Monday through Friday. My office phone number is (320) 839-6398.

Flash News! Great news for our entire community was just received by my office from the Minnesota Department of Veterans Affairs (MDVA). I applied for grant funds available via the MDVA for Fiscal Year 2010. A total of $9,000.00 was granted to the Big Stone County Veterans Service Office. The amount of $4,000.00 will be dedicated to our Friday morning Radio Shows and weekly Newspaper Articles. The remaining $5,000.00 has been allocated for my outreach events. These funds will enable direct services to our veterans and their families.

WANTED!!!! Veterans who have service-connected disabilities.

What is Veterans Affairs (VA) disability compensation?

Disability compensation is a tax-free benefit paid to veterans for disabilities that are a result of or made worse by injuries or disease that happened while on active duty, active duty for training, or inactive duty training. Disability compensation is also paid to certain veterans disabled from VA health care.

Who is eligible?

You may be eligible for disability compensation if you have a service-related disability and you were discharged under other than dishonorable conditions.

How much does VA pay?

The amount of basic benefit ranges from $123 to $2,673 per month, depending on how disabled you are. In addition, you may be paid additional amounts in certain instances, if: you have very severe disabilities or loss of limb(s); you have a spouse, child(ren), or dependent parent(s); or you have a seriously disabled spouse.

Trivia Question Time. Last week’s question was, “What does the military nickname “G.I.” stand for?” The answer is: Government Issue.

This week’s question: “Whose picture is on the Purple Heart Medal?”

Until next week, take care and “Fair Winds and Following Seas!”
Back to top Go down

Disablity Compensation is Tax Free
Page 1 of 1