Big Stone Lake Area Community Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place where Big Stone Lake (and surrounding) area citizens can discuss area news, events and matters of concern.

PortalHomeGalleryState Rep. Andrew Falk and Members of the House Commerce and Labor Committee in Benson Coolte22Latest imagesSearchState Rep. Andrew Falk and Members of the House Commerce and Labor Committee in Benson Coolte24Log inRegister

State Rep. Andrew Falk and Members of the House Commerce and Labor Committee in Benson

Go down 
AuthorMessage
mouthpiece
Power Poster
Power Poster
mouthpiece

Number of posts : 721
Registration date : 2008-05-15

State Rep. Andrew Falk and Members of the House Commerce and Labor Committee in Benson Empty
PostSubject: State Rep. Andrew Falk and Members of the House Commerce and Labor Committee in Benson   State Rep. Andrew Falk and Members of the House Commerce and Labor Committee in Benson Icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2010 12:28 am

MINNESOTA HOUSE COMMERCE AND LABOR COMMITTEE AND REPRESENTATIVE ANDREW FALK TO HOST BUSINESS ISSUES SESSION

Area business owners and members of the public are encouraged to attend an upcoming meeting with the Minnesota House Commerce and Labor Committee and State Rep. Andrew Falk to voice their questions and concerns on a wide range of business issues.

The Commerce Committee, chaired by Representative Joe Atkins will host a listening session on Monday, February 1st at 1:00 p.m. at the Benson High School.

“Although I am not a member of this particular committee, I do vote on committee bills that reach the House floor,” said Rep. Falk. “I am happy that Rep. Atkins is providing business owners and the public in my district an opportunity to address their concerns. Our area is a long way from St. Paul which makes it difficult for my constituents travel to the Capitol for meetings.”

The committee oversees a vast array of items, but this session will focus only on issues affecting business. Topics of interest include insurance, (including whether to allow out-of-state companies to sell health insurance in Minnesota), banking and lending, consumer protection, jobs, unemployment, minimum wage, sick time, general business and business climate, and telecom including internet, cell phone, cable TV, and broadband access. The committee will share issues that come before the committee and then listen to input from the local business community.

WHO: State Rep. Andrew Falk and Members of the

House Commerce & Labor Committee

WHAT: Listening session

WHERE: Benson High School Auditorium

WHEN: Monday, February 1st

1:00 p.m.

For more information, contact Rep. Andrew Falk at 651-296-4228.
Back to top Go down

State Rep. Andrew Falk and Members of the House Commerce and Labor Committee in Benson
Page 1 of 1