Big Stone Lake Area Community Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place where Big Stone Lake (and surrounding) area citizens can discuss area news, events and matters of concern.

PortalHomeGalleryNorthside Park Concessions Coolte22Latest imagesSearchNorthside Park Concessions Coolte24Log inRegister

Northside Park Concessions

Go down 
AuthorMessage
angdoren
angdoren

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2009-10-15

Northside Park Concessions Empty
PostSubject: Northside Park Concessions   Northside Park Concessions Icon_minitimeMon Jun 28, 2010 11:36 pm

I write this due to frustration. Without any reservations, I have volunteered my time and energy to open the Northside concessions during all ball games this summer. All that I asked was for those running the programs to make sure that I know when a team is scheduled to play, so that myself or someone else can be there. This year, the city is not paying any wages for someone to work the stand. This is time from my own life, missing my own children's games, and that is a choice that I made. I have no regrets!
I took my time to meet with CountrySide Health Regulations to get this stand open.
Here is my frustration: at least three times now, I have either heard through the grapevine or recieved a call from a parent asking me why the concessions were not open - on a night that I was NEVER told a game was scheduled. There have been two occassions when I have had the concession open, and food prepared to find out that the game has been cancelled. Is it really that hard to make a quick phone call to a volunteer?
I have children involved in the ball programs, and I take pride in the fact that I have been able to help get this concession stand open for the kids and the fans there to watch the games. I am only asking for a little bit of respect from the rest of the people involved. If you coach a team, please make sure I have your schedule. If a game gets cancelled, please let me know. If a game gets re-scheduled, drop me a quick email - anything.
If this year proves to be advantageous, I would love to promote that the city continue opening the stand in the future. I think the profits (little or big) can help with any future park projects the city needs. This is OUR community. Let's do this together.
Sincerly,
Angela
Park Board Member & City Council Representative
Back to top Go down
http://www.angeladoren.community.officelive.com
angdoren
angdoren

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2009-10-15

Northside Park Concessions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Northside Park Concessions   Northside Park Concessions Icon_minitimeMon Jun 28, 2010 11:42 pm

I am truly sorry. I wrote that post in such a haste that I did not take the time to proof read. There were many errors. I also hope that many of you that do not know me personally will not get the wrong impression. I do enjoy the volunteering that I do there. I think missing games takes away from potential profit, and makes it hard for families to know when to expect that I will be there. Consistency is important.
Last Wednesday, I had to ask somebody else to help me with the stand due to a prior engagement. I was embarrassed when he showed up, and there was no game.
I hope you understand.
Back to top Go down
http://www.angeladoren.community.officelive.com

Northside Park Concessions
Page 1 of 1