Big Stone Lake Area Community Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place where Big Stone Lake (and surrounding) area citizens can discuss area news, events and matters of concern.

PortalHomeGalleryLakewood Lodge Open and Serving the Public Daily Coolte22Latest imagesSearchLakewood Lodge Open and Serving the Public Daily Coolte24Log inRegister

Lakewood Lodge Open and Serving the Public Daily

Go down 
+5
mouthpiece
ApplianceJunk
daniw
bigstone777
RK
9 posters
AuthorMessage
RK
RK

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2009-02-04

Lakewood Lodge Open and Serving the Public Daily Empty
PostSubject: Lakewood Lodge Open and Serving the Public Daily   Lakewood Lodge Open and Serving the Public Daily Icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 8:38 pm

Heard the lakewood lodge is up for sale and or maybe closing? does anyone no the truth to this? Also heard the owners went back to there original jobs they had before opening the supper club.
Back to top Go down
bigstone777
bigstone777

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2009-02-13

PostSubject: Re: Lakewood Lodge Open and Serving the Public Daily   Lakewood Lodge Open and Serving the Public Daily Icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2009 2:01 am

My wife tried to buy a gift certificate from them a couple of weeks ago. They said they were not selling gift certificates anymore and when we asked why they said that they were actually going to try and sell the place. Comment was made that the debt was just too high to manage.

Apparently they have a deal with the bank that they can keep it open while they look for a buyer, but that of course can change at anytime.

Sad part is that they will never get back what they put into it so it is going to be a bad deal for them. I hope it all works out in the end.

Last edited by bigstone777 on Mon Apr 06, 2009 5:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
daniw
daniw

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2008-10-29

PostSubject: Re: Lakewood Lodge Open and Serving the Public Daily   Lakewood Lodge Open and Serving the Public Daily Icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2009 6:41 am

Pretty common in Ortonville, businesses cant make it and close.
Back to top Go down
RK
RK

PostSubject: Re: Lakewood Lodge Open and Serving the Public Daily   Lakewood Lodge Open and Serving the Public Daily Icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2009 7:28 am

bigstone777 wrote:
Tried to buy a gift certificate from them a couple of weeks ago. They said they were not selling gift certificates anymore and when we asked why they said that they were actually going to try and sell the place. Comment was made that the debt was just too high to manage.

Apparently they have a deal with the bank that they can keep it open while they look for a buyer, but that of course can change at anytime.

Sad part is that they will never get back what they put into it so it is going to be a bad deal for them. I hope it all works out in the end.

They didnt know about the debt when they started planning on building/opening?
To be honest, did it have to be that fancy of a place? Most people like to sit and have a good time at a bar, there really isnt a bar there, no more then 3-5 bar stools. Cant even go down there to have a beer with out sitting at a table and being pressured into ordering food.
Back to top Go down
bigstone777
bigstone777

PostSubject: Re: Lakewood Lodge Open and Serving the Public Daily   Lakewood Lodge Open and Serving the Public Daily Icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2009 7:45 am

daniw wrote:
Pretty common in Ortonville, businesses cant make it and close.

To be completely honest, Lakewood Lodge would have had trouble surviving in pretty much any community in the area.

As to the comments by RK, I agree with you that it is probably way too fancy for our area. I think they just simply got in over their heads while building it and costs got out of control.

Last summer my parents had some friends visiting so they took them to Lakewood Lodge. One of their guests was a long time restaurant owner who was shocked when he first stepped inside the building. He made the comment that this place will have to seat 200 people every night just to break even. Maybe he was correct.
Back to top Go down
bigstone777
bigstone777

PostSubject: Re: Lakewood Lodge Open and Serving the Public Daily   Lakewood Lodge Open and Serving the Public Daily Icon_minitimeSat Apr 04, 2009 12:10 pm

Apparently Lakewood Lodge has closed already.

On Friday evening, April 3 the parking lot was empty, the lights were out, and there was a sawhorse placed on the sidewalk leading to the restaurant with a "CLOSED" sign on it.
Back to top Go down
ApplianceJunk
Advanced Member
Advanced Member
ApplianceJunk

Number of posts : 124
Registration date : 2009-03-19

PostSubject: Re: Lakewood Lodge Open and Serving the Public Daily   Lakewood Lodge Open and Serving the Public Daily Icon_minitimeSat Apr 04, 2009 1:49 pm

How long was lakewood lodge in business?

I never had been there myself.
Back to top Go down
http://ApplianceJunk.com
bigstone777
bigstone777

PostSubject: Re: Lakewood Lodge Open and Serving the Public Daily   Lakewood Lodge Open and Serving the Public Daily Icon_minitimeSat Apr 04, 2009 2:43 pm

It opened about a year ago.

It is located right next to Sioux Historic Pavillion.

I think they spent close to two years (maybe longer) to build it.
Back to top Go down
daniw
daniw

PostSubject: Re: Lakewood Lodge Open and Serving the Public Daily   Lakewood Lodge Open and Serving the Public Daily Icon_minitimeSat Apr 04, 2009 7:48 pm

I thought it opened in the fall of 08? I called Thursday night for reservations for friday. I go there friday for my reservations and the place is closed. Pretty shady to allow a reservation the night before and then closed the next night, i woulda thought they would have known on Thursday weather they were going to be open on Friday or not...
Back to top Go down
ApplianceJunk
Advanced Member
Advanced Member
ApplianceJunk

PostSubject: Re: Lakewood Lodge Open and Serving the Public Daily   Lakewood Lodge Open and Serving the Public Daily Icon_minitimeSat Apr 04, 2009 8:08 pm

Quote :
I go there friday for my reservations and the place is closed.

Your kidding!?

They could have at least called you early Friday to let you know.
Back to top Go down
daniw
daniw

PostSubject: Re: Lakewood Lodge Open and Serving the Public Daily   Lakewood Lodge Open and Serving the Public Daily Icon_minitimeSat Apr 04, 2009 8:29 pm

You would have thought thursday night they would have said "sorry we are closed friday" Its not like they woke up friday and said "ah we are gonna close tonight"
Back to top Go down
ApplianceJunk
Advanced Member
Advanced Member
ApplianceJunk

PostSubject: Re: Lakewood Lodge Open and Serving the Public Daily   Lakewood Lodge Open and Serving the Public Daily Icon_minitimeSat Apr 04, 2009 8:39 pm

daniw wrote:
You would have thought thursday night they would have said "sorry we are closed friday" Its not like they woke up friday and said "ah we are gonna close tonight"

That's true.
Back to top Go down
mouthpiece
Power Poster
Power Poster
mouthpiece

Number of posts : 721
Registration date : 2008-05-15

PostSubject: Are we heading in the right direction   Lakewood Lodge Open and Serving the Public Daily Icon_minitimeSun Apr 05, 2009 8:08 pm

As I read the posts attached I am very hurt that another Ortonville business is headed in the wrong direction. The Dairy Queen is another.

It is always interesting to watch how our city leaders respond. Our private sector jobs are decreasing daily and we spend more money on the public sector jobs. For instance, should the EDA help financially. Instead the EDA's answer. Let's create another job for Vicki Oakes and spend $33,000 for a new grant.

It is time there is more effort assisting local businesses then creating a new job for Ms. Oakes.

It saddens my heart that we were not able to maintain this Supper Club. This community will continue to fail unless we support programs that will increase population and jobs.('no no no')

For the one job created by Ms. Oakes we have lost at least 20 jobs. We are self-serving. What is good for Ms. Oakes and her family is good for the community. Wrong!
Back to top Go down
ApplianceJunk
Advanced Member
Advanced Member
ApplianceJunk

PostSubject: Re: Lakewood Lodge Open and Serving the Public Daily   Lakewood Lodge Open and Serving the Public Daily Icon_minitimeSun Apr 05, 2009 10:41 pm

Quote :
As I read the posts attached I am very hurt that
another Ortonville business is headed in the wrong direction. The Dairy
Queen is another.

My son and I had ice cream at the DQ this afternoon.
They are still open as of today. Smile

Are they going to close too?
Back to top Go down
Lady Hawk
Admin
Admin
Lady Hawk

Number of posts : 622
Job/hobbies : Wife/Mother
Registration date : 2008-05-16

PostSubject: Lakewood Lodge is open   Lakewood Lodge Open and Serving the Public Daily Icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2009 4:45 pm

I just got off the phone with Tony at Lakewood Lodge. He said that they are open every evening. I don't know what happened to your reservations last Friday daniw, you will have to call them and ask them about it. In the meantime he said you can still get reservations at 839-9972 Chef

I also called Dairy Queen and talked to the new assistant manager? She said that they are open from 11 am to 8 pm everyday and are hoping to be open longer after Easter. They are also taking applications for more help. for your information

Last edited by Lady Hawk on Wed Apr 08, 2009 10:42 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
bigstone777
bigstone777

PostSubject: Re: Lakewood Lodge Open and Serving the Public Daily   Lakewood Lodge Open and Serving the Public Daily Icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2009 5:11 pm

So Tony did not say why they were closed both Friday and Saturday evening????

We also drove in their parking lot Saturday evening at about 8PM and it was exactly like it was Friday. Parking lot empty, completely dark inside (not a single light on), and a sawhorse blocking the sidewalk with a "CLOSED" sign attached to it.
Back to top Go down
mouthpiece
Power Poster
Power Poster
mouthpiece

Number of posts : 721
Registration date : 2008-05-15

PostSubject: Let's Promote these Businesses   Lakewood Lodge Open and Serving the Public Daily Icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2009 6:38 pm

Thank-you Lady hawk for providing this information. The Mosey's are great people and we need to promote this establishment. Let's all get together and spend some time and money in these establishments.

I love both of these businesses and anything we can do to promote needs to be done.
Back to top Go down
nascargirl
Super Poster
Super Poster
nascargirl

Number of posts : 236
Registration date : 2008-06-08

PostSubject: Businesses   Lakewood Lodge Open and Serving the Public Daily Icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2009 7:51 pm

Yes, Lady Hawk, thank you for taking the time to check on these two businesses. I agree, we all need to patronize our local businesses. Let's hope they both remain open.

Hopefully the summer months will be 'good months' for them both.

On Computer
nascargirl
Back to top Go down
daniw
daniw

PostSubject: Re: Lakewood Lodge Open and Serving the Public Daily   Lakewood Lodge Open and Serving the Public Daily Icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 7:34 am

bigstone777 is exactly right. Makes me mad, when you drive 20 miles for a reservation, and then theres a "sorry we are closed" sign out there, so then i have to drive another 20 miles to eat a a supper club thats open, SODAK, where th owners honor there reservations, and are open like they should be. Why would i call them back, how about never going there again, is what im going to do.
Back to top Go down
RK
RK

PostSubject: Re: Lakewood Lodge Open and Serving the Public Daily   Lakewood Lodge Open and Serving the Public Daily Icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 7:39 am

nascargirl wrote:
Yes, Lady Hawk, thank you for taking the time to check on these two businesses. I agree, we all need to patronize our local businesses. Let's hope they both remain open.

Hopefully the summer months will be 'good months' for them both.

On Computer
nascargirl

Very hard to spend money at the Lakewood Lodge when they are closed the two busiest nights of the week friday and saturday.
Back to top Go down
Lady Hawk
Admin
Admin
Lady Hawk

Number of posts : 622
Job/hobbies : Wife/Mother
Registration date : 2008-05-16

PostSubject: Re: Lakewood Lodge Open and Serving the Public Daily   Lakewood Lodge Open and Serving the Public Daily Icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2009 10:59 am

Yesterday I stopped in to Lakewood Lodge and visited with Tony. They are open evenings including Friday and Saturday. I did not press him as to why the restaurant was closed for that one weekend. It does not interest me to pry in to peoples personal business when it is not related to public interest such as government officials. Tony said that they have been busy. I look forward to the lake opening up and sitting out on the patio.
What a beautiful view. Hearts

He did say that the Pavillion is for sale and you can find it on the internet here.
Back to top Go down
daniw
daniw

PostSubject: Re: Lakewood Lodge Open and Serving the Public Daily   Lakewood Lodge Open and Serving the Public Daily Icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2009 7:05 pm

My sources told me that the bank tossed Tony out and he is not running it anymore, and the bank has some new people running it. I think Tony was the issue, and running the business down.
Back to top Go down
TopGun
TopGun

Number of posts : 18

PostSubject: Lakewood Lodge   Lakewood Lodge Open and Serving the Public Daily Icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2009 7:53 pm

Heck, if i saw DaniW coming, I would lock the doors, too!!

(i didn't know snakes could talk....) scratch
Back to top Go down
nascargirl
Super Poster
Super Poster
nascargirl

Number of posts : 236
Registration date : 2008-06-08

PostSubject: Sources   Lakewood Lodge Open and Serving the Public Daily Icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2009 8:45 pm

'Sources'?

I'll stick to Lady Hawk's post and appreciate that she took the time to go to the real 'source' (owner).

Whatever is the real story, I hope that it all works out so the business can stay open.

Making a simple phone call first might be something to think about doing in the future if you do not want to make the drive? Lady Hawk has posted the phone number here.

On Computer
nascargirl
Back to top Go down
Zorro
Advanced Member
Advanced Member
Zorro

Number of posts : 112
Job/hobbies : Education/Animal Rescue
Registration date : 2009-03-15

PostSubject: Re: Lakewood Lodge Open and Serving the Public Daily   Lakewood Lodge Open and Serving the Public Daily Icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2009 9:53 pm

What is THIS?
daniw wrote:
My sources told me that the bank tossed Tony out
and he is not running it anymore, and the bank has some new people
running it. I think Tony was the issue, and running the business down.

DaniW, this is not a gossip column, Heraldo or the back fence. It's a public forum -- If you have 'sources' you need to state them to establish the credibility of the claim, especially when you are engaged in what is malicious libel if not substantiated in the same post. How would you like someone to talk about you that way?

PLEASE try to grasp the difference between public government accountability and personal attack. What makes you so hateful, anyway?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lakewood Lodge Open and Serving the Public Daily   Lakewood Lodge Open and Serving the Public Daily Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lakewood Lodge Open and Serving the Public Daily
Page 1 of 1