Big Stone Lake Area Community Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place where Big Stone Lake (and surrounding) area citizens can discuss area news, events and matters of concern.

PortalHomeGalleryMilbank business in limbo, Is Local EDA Moving to Preserve this Business Coolte22Latest imagesSearchMilbank business in limbo, Is Local EDA Moving to Preserve this Business Coolte24Log inRegister

Milbank business in limbo, Is Local EDA Moving to Preserve this Business

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
mouthpiece
Power Poster
Power Poster
mouthpiece

Number of posts : 721
Registration date : 2008-05-15

Milbank business in limbo, Is Local EDA Moving to Preserve this Business Empty
PostSubject: Milbank business in limbo, Is Local EDA Moving to Preserve this Business   Milbank business in limbo, Is Local EDA Moving to Preserve this Business Icon_minitimeThu Apr 16, 2009 7:37 pm

State Auto insurance reorganizing workforce

Watertown Public Opinion
Back to top Go down
ApplianceJunk
Advanced Member
Advanced Member
ApplianceJunk

Number of posts : 124
Registration date : 2009-03-19

PostSubject: Re: Milbank business in limbo, Is Local EDA Moving to Preserve this Business   Milbank business in limbo, Is Local EDA Moving to Preserve this Business Icon_minitimeThu Apr 16, 2009 8:59 pm

My wife has worked at State Auto for about 20 years. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://ApplianceJunk.com
nascargirl
Super Poster
Super Poster
nascargirl

Number of posts : 236
Registration date : 2008-06-08

PostSubject: Employees   Milbank business in limbo, Is Local EDA Moving to Preserve this Business Icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2009 5:22 pm

For those employees who took a buy-out/early retirement (etc.) and are not close to drawing social security, it has been difficult to find employment locally with the same benefits/salary they had been earning. I did understand they are eligible for unemployment benefits once the early retirement benefits end - I am not privy to all the details, but was told this information in general.

I read that article that mouthpiece posted. It does make us wonder if the EDA in Milbank is attempting to find additional work or just hasn't had any luck trying to find additional business for them.

ApplianceJunk - I was under the impression that there was more than just the insurance agency in the building. Is that correct?

My sister worked in that building back in the '70's when it was known as Milbank Insurance....

On Computer
nascargirl
Back to top Go down
ApplianceJunk
Advanced Member
Advanced Member
ApplianceJunk

Number of posts : 124
Registration date : 2009-03-19

PostSubject: Re: Milbank business in limbo, Is Local EDA Moving to Preserve this Business   Milbank business in limbo, Is Local EDA Moving to Preserve this Business Icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2009 6:35 pm

Quote :
ApplianceJunk - I was under the impression that there was more than just the insurance agency in the building. Is that correct?

That's correct. I believe some type of call center is out there and maybe a computer software company. I don't know for sure.

I think there severance package was two weeks pay for every year they had worked there.

I personal think that is very fair.

How many other business in this area would give any type of severance package?

Edited to add: Unless you expect the EDA to change the economy I would expect there is not much they can do.
Back to top Go down
http://ApplianceJunk.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Milbank business in limbo, Is Local EDA Moving to Preserve this Business   Milbank business in limbo, Is Local EDA Moving to Preserve this Business Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1