Big Stone Lake Area Community Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place where Big Stone Lake (and surrounding) area citizens can discuss area news, events and matters of concern.

PortalHomeGalleryWhat is wrong with this town. Coolte22Latest imagesSearchWhat is wrong with this town. Coolte24Log inRegister

What is wrong with this town.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
understood
understood

Number of posts : 44
Job/hobbies : Forums
Registration date : 2009-04-29

What is wrong with this town. Empty
PostSubject: unhappy   What is wrong with this town. Icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 5:14 pm

It appears to me that you are unhappy with several people in Ortonville. My observation is that this leadership has taken a stand against poor job performance and negative immature behaviors. I am embarrassed of the poor job performance of our chief of police. The dishonesty is even further proven on this site when Misunderstood logs in and pretends to be a bystander when we can all click on the profile and see who this person is. Is this honesty? I feel our city administrator, city council and city staff is doing a fantastic job. This site continues to critisize which leads me to believe it is personal and not about the facts. It would be great to see Mouthpeice put his efforts into something productive for Ortonville.
Back to top Go down
mouthpiece
Power Poster
Power Poster
mouthpiece

Number of posts : 721
Registration date : 2008-05-15

PostSubject: Where have you been?   What is wrong with this town. Icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2009 8:03 am

What is wrong with this town. 311506 What is wrong with this town. 311506 Where have you been?

After a thorough investigation by neutral third parties the Chief was cleared of any wrongdoing.

Now you write that his behavior was immature. What are you talking about? Are you talking about a few years ago when a city councilman was unable to defend his position for violating a local ordinance? Are you talking about the same city councilman who entered a plea of guilty to criminal charges?

I think topgun has you pegged and if not I suspect you have a personal item with the Chief that should be resolved between the two of you and not on this post.

As for which side I am on? I have already said. I would have Mr. Horman any day over the people in the small bowl. What is wrong with this town. 311506 What is wrong with this town. 311506

Last edited by mouthpiece on Sun May 03, 2009 12:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Zorro
Advanced Member
Advanced Member
Zorro

Number of posts : 112
Job/hobbies : Education/Animal Rescue
Registration date : 2009-03-15

PostSubject: Re: What is wrong with this town.   What is wrong with this town. Icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2009 8:15 am

Let's define the situation here -- Some on the forum sincerely believe elected and appointed members of Ortonville gov't are not good or transparent public servants. They post actions and events of these people in an attempt to keep them accountable and make their observations public (the public part of public servant). Others disagree with them. They may be sincere (some no doubt are sincere), or they may be trying to diffuse the efforts of their fellow citizens.
We have come to use name calling and criticism in this country in the same category as discourse and debate. Let's try to take a little more of the high road and try to support our positions with the facts and observations, and drop the emotional and body-slam attempts to discredit.
There are a lot of facts and direct observations being posted here -- let's stop the ambiguous and generalized claims of "doing a terrific job." I'm interested in hearing all sides and that's why I joined this forum...is there a "side" to your side, understood, or just disagreement?
Back to top Go down
lizzielou
lizzielou

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2009-03-21

PostSubject: Re: What is wrong with this town.   What is wrong with this town. Icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2009 9:15 am

Mr.Understood...you indicate you are unhappy w/ the Chief's poor performance & immature behavior, but you are not specific. It also seems appears that you are in the minority of the population. If I had to guess, is that the Chief had to either arrest you or give you a ticket and you didn't like it. None of like it when we get caught doing something wrong. The chief was cleared of all wrong doing. He was also told he was doing a great job...only after a thorough investigation by the Police Comm. Did you read the paper? Thats the facts. No one holds a job for over 20yrs if they have poor performance. Have you held a job for that long? Its time certain city council members, the city administrator, start doing the job they were elected to do, stop listening in on others conversations, performing witch hunts, having personal agendas, submitting & approving fraudulant mileage, driving people away from this city, etc. But thats just my opinion.
Back to top Go down
understood
understood

Number of posts : 44
Job/hobbies : Forums
Registration date : 2009-04-29

PostSubject: question   What is wrong with this town. Icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2009 11:13 am

lizzielou, why did you change your username. Weren't you misunderstood? Previous posts have questioned your integrity and instead of defending yourself, you change your name cheers Honorable councilmember Bob Meyer has been on the local police force for far more years than Hormann. He has indicated to several that our chief has been doing a poor job. Maybe someone should discuss this with him. I think Mr. Hormann was a nice enough guy, I never had a problem with him, but the job performance appeared to be lacking leadership. Yes, he was cleared in the paper, but there are still several people angry about how the school situation was handled. I will not mention names because there are people on this site who will attack those with different opinions. poker
Back to top Go down
TopGun
TopGun

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2009-03-19

PostSubject: ?   What is wrong with this town. Icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2009 11:51 am

Pot calling kettle black.
News at 11.
Back to top Go down
mouthpiece
Power Poster
Power Poster
mouthpiece

Number of posts : 721
Registration date : 2008-05-15

PostSubject: Where was Mr. Meyer?   What is wrong with this town. Icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2009 1:35 pm

Where was Mr. Meyer?

Mr. Meyer was present at two meetings and said very little. Are you his mouthpiece? If not, then Mr. Meyer is welcome to write on the forums. Bob is a good friend of mine and I am quite sure he is not afraid of me.

As for you, you remain asleep at the wheel. The police commission found after a thorough investigation that you are wrong.. Are you calling for another witch hunt?
Back to top Go down
lizzielou
lizzielou

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2009-03-21

PostSubject: Re: What is wrong with this town.   What is wrong with this town. Icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2009 2:24 pm

Mr.Understood....if you have a question for me, please address it. My user name is my choice, my preferance. I nothing to defend at this point. If I do I will do so. I don't believe my integrity was ever in question.
You indicated Honorable Mr.Meyer had indicated poor performance--1-isn't the title Honorable reserved for judges? 2-if Mr.Meyer had issues w/ Mr.Hormann's performance shouldn't he have either spoken to Mr.Hormann or spoken up at the police commision meeting or the city council which he was both at? That would be far more productive that just going around telling people but not telling the person you have an issue w/ or at the proper place/meeting.
You stated several are angry how the school situation was handled? Are they law enforcement? Are they trained in the way to handle such a situation? Hind sight is always much better & is always much easier to criticize than when someone is right there in the middle of a situation trying to figure out the best plan. Mr.Hormann has children in the school system...besides his training...I am sure he had EVERYONES best interest in mind. The school officials told the Police Commission they were happy w/ the way it was handled. So I am not sure who has the right to judge?
The whole point here is that a employee of the city had a complaint filed...the words charges & allegations were used inappropriately.....the issues where unfounded, mis handled according to city ordinance and publicized unethically maybe even illegally. Do we even know if all of the complaints involved him? No we don't.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What is wrong with this town.   What is wrong with this town. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What is wrong with this town.
Page 1 of 1