Big Stone Lake Area Community Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place where Big Stone Lake (and surrounding) area citizens can discuss area news, events and matters of concern.

PortalHomeGalleryCVSO Article due 5 June 2009 By:  Dan Meyer Coolte22Latest imagesSearchCVSO Article due 5 June 2009 By:  Dan Meyer Coolte24Log inRegister

CVSO Article due 5 June 2009 By: Dan Meyer

Go down 
AuthorMessage
mouthpiece
Power Poster
Power Poster
mouthpiece

Number of posts : 721
Registration date : 2008-05-15

CVSO Article due 5 June 2009 By:  Dan Meyer Empty
PostSubject: CVSO Article due 5 June 2009 By: Dan Meyer   CVSO Article due 5 June 2009 By:  Dan Meyer Icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2009 11:40 am

CVSO Article due 5 June 2009

By: Dan Meyer
The office hours for the Lac qui Parle County Veterans Service Office are 8:30 am - 4:30 pm Monday through Friday. My office phone number is (320) 598-3445.

Hats off to the St. John's Quilters here in Madison, Minnesota. In April, my beautiful wife, Mary, and I had the opportunity to hand-deliver 32 quilts to the Fergus Falls Veterans Home. I am completely sure that these wonderful hand-crafted quilts, that were made by the St. John's Quilters, are greatly appreciated by the residents. What a true patriotic donation, keep up the great work ladies!

FLASH NEWS! Make sure to attend Dawson's 125th Celebration on the weekend of June 26, 27, and 28. On Saturday, the 27th, I will have a Veterans Benefit Booth at Veterans Park in Dawson, from 10:00 am until 6:00 pm. Please stop by to get VA benefit information that pertains to veterans and their family members. In addition, I'll be setting up office appointments for those who need to discuss their possible benefits with me in a private/confidential setting.

Osteoporosis Awareness.

Osteoporosis, a disease characterized by low bone mass and deterioration of bone tissue, is a major public health threat for 44 million Americans, 68 percent of whom are women. Osteoporosis can lead to fragile bones and an increased risk of fractures. Known as a silent disease because it usually progresses without symptoms until a fracture occurs or one or more vertebrae (bones in the spine) collapse.

However, medical experts believe that osteoporosis is largely preventable. In addition, people who have already been diagnosed with osteoporosis can take steps to prevent or slow further progress of the disease. VA can assist Women Veterans of all ages in the prevention and treatment of osteoporosis.

Women are now the fastest growing subgroup of U.S. Veterans. As of 2007, 14.3% of active duty military (all branches) are women. In addition, 11 percent of the fighting force in Iraq and Afghanistan are women. The number of Women Veterans is expected to increase dramatically in the next 10 years, and VA health care is expected to be in high demand by the Women Veterans of Operation Enduring Freedom and Operation Iraqi Freedom.

The Department of Veterans Affairs understands the health care needs of Women Veterans and is committed to meeting these needs. Women Veterans served and they deserve the best quality care.

Visit www.publichealth.va.gov/womenshealth/ for more information, or give me a call and let's take care of your health care needs.

Until next week, take care and "Fair Winds and Following Seas!"
Back to top Go down

CVSO Article due 5 June 2009 By: Dan Meyer
Page 1 of 1