Big Stone Lake Area Community Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place where Big Stone Lake (and surrounding) area citizens can discuss area news, events and matters of concern.

PortalHomeGalleryCVSO Article due 1 May 2009 by Dan Meyer Coolte22Latest imagesSearchCVSO Article due 1 May 2009 by Dan Meyer Coolte24Log inRegister

CVSO Article due 1 May 2009 by Dan Meyer

Go down 
AuthorMessage
mouthpiece
Power Poster
Power Poster
mouthpiece

Number of posts : 721
Registration date : 2008-05-15

CVSO Article due 1 May 2009 by Dan Meyer Empty
PostSubject: CVSO Article due 1 May 2009 by Dan Meyer   CVSO Article due 1 May 2009 by Dan Meyer Icon_minitimeMon Apr 27, 2009 12:11 pm

The office hours for the Lac qui Parle County Veterans Service Office are 8:30 am - 4:30 pm Monday through Friday. My office phone number is (320) 598-3445.

FLASH NEWS! I am respectfully requesting that Vietnam Conflict Era veterans give me the opportunity to assist you. The following information will explain this request.

Information for veterans, their families and others about VA health care programs related to Agent Orange.

Agent Orange Overview: Approximately 20 million gallons of herbicides were used in Vietnam between 1962 and 1971 to remove unwanted plant life and leaves which otherwise provided cover for enemy forces during the Vietnam Conflict. Shortly following their military service in Vietnam, some veterans reported a variety of health problems and concerns which some of them attributed to exposure to Agent Orange or other herbicides.

The Department of Veterans Affairs has developed a comprehensive program to respond to these medical problems and concerns. The principal elements of this program include quality health care services, disability compensation for veterans with service-connected illnesses, scientific research and outreach and education.

The following health conditions are presumptively recognized for service connection for Vietnam veterans, based on exposure to herbicides and related materials during the Vietnam War. Vietnam veterans with one or more of these conditions do not have to show that their illness(es) is (are) related to their military service to get disability compensation. VA presumes that their condition is service-connected.

Conditions Recognized in Veterans: Chloracne (must occur within 1 year of exposure to Agent Orange), non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma, soft tissue sarcoma (other than osteosarcoma, chondrosarcoma, Kaposi’s sarcoma, or mesothelioma), Hodgkin’s disease, porphyria cutanea tarda (must occur within 1 year of exposure), multiple myeloma, respiratory cancers, including cancers of the lung, larynx, trachea, and bronchus, prostate cancer, acute and subacute transient peripheral neuropathy (must appear within 1 year of exposure and resolve within 2 years of date of onset), type 2 diabetes, and/or chronic lymphocytic leukemia.

I am extending this request out of my deepest respect for the Vietnam veterans. To all the Vietnam veterans, thank you for your service and sacrifice to this great Nation .... because freedom is not free!

Please call my office and/or stop in, and lets talk!

Until next week, take care and "Fair Winds and Following Seas!"

.AOLWebSuite .AOLPicturesFullSizeLink { height: 1px; width: 1px; overflow: hidden; } .AOLWebSuite a {color:blue; text-decoration: underline; cursor: pointer} .AOLWebSuite a.hsSig {cursor: default}
Back to top Go down

CVSO Article due 1 May 2009 by Dan Meyer
Page 1 of 1