Big Stone Lake Area Community Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place where Big Stone Lake (and surrounding) area citizens can discuss area news, events and matters of concern.

PortalHomeGalleryCharitable Golf Tournament Coolte22Latest imagesSearchCharitable Golf Tournament Coolte24Log inRegister

Charitable Golf Tournament

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
fishstick
fishstick

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2010-02-22

Charitable Golf Tournament Empty
PostSubject: Charitable Golf Tournament   Charitable Golf Tournament Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 3:44 pm

I would like to see a 2 man - best ball golf tournament. Entry fee is $100 per team and grouped in 4 somesomes - All day event. Can someone please organize an event like this so we can raise some money for the community????
Back to top Go down
Pollyanna
Advanced Member
Advanced Member
Pollyanna

Number of posts : 100
Job/hobbies : Posts Calendar Events
Registration date : 2008-10-05

PostSubject: Re: Charitable Golf Tournament   Charitable Golf Tournament Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 6:42 pm

What do you want to raise the money for in the community?
Back to top Go down
mouthpiece
Power Poster
Power Poster
mouthpiece

Number of posts : 721
Registration date : 2008-05-15

PostSubject: I like the idea   Charitable Golf Tournament Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 9:51 pm

I think this has the possibility of making some money that would benefit all, but do you think I could participate.

I don't golf near par and come closer to hitting the windows at the clubhouse than the fairway but I would like to play.
Back to top Go down
fishstick
fishstick

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2010-02-22

PostSubject: Re: Charitable Golf Tournament   Charitable Golf Tournament Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 3:23 pm

Pollyanna wrote:
What do you want to raise the money for in the community?

Are you saying the community does not need money? The Oak Tree Classic is a scam. The health foundation reaps all the money and offers very little in prizes for the players and does not give much back to the clubhouse. But let me get back to my previous post......4 golfers on each hole start (72 players) x 4 flights for the tournamet = 288 players divided by 2 ($100 per team) = $14,400. I would think if you gave a free tshirt and steak dinner at the clubhouse for each player, the tournament would easily clear $10,000 profit. This money could go to the general city fund. Ideas?? Fund youth programs (sports and educational), lower city taxes? you name it.
Back to top Go down
nascargirl
Super Poster
Super Poster
nascargirl

Number of posts : 236
Registration date : 2008-06-08

PostSubject: Golf   Charitable Golf Tournament Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 4:41 pm

Charitable Golf Tournament 282565

I believe what Pollyanna meant what type of things were you thinking using the funds for?

I see you mentioned a few things...

Charitable Golf Tournament 138877
nascargirl
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Charitable Golf Tournament   Charitable Golf Tournament Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Charitable Golf Tournament
Page 1 of 1