Big Stone Lake Area Community Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place where Big Stone Lake (and surrounding) area citizens can discuss area news, events and matters of concern.

PortalHomeGalleryThe 33 year old rumor that won't go away. FCC RM-2493 Coolte22Latest imagesSearchThe 33 year old rumor that won't go away. FCC RM-2493 Coolte24Log inRegister

The 33 year old rumor that won't go away. FCC RM-2493

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Lady Hawk
Admin
Admin
Lady Hawk

Number of posts : 622
Job/hobbies : Wife/Mother
Registration date : 2008-05-16

The 33 year old rumor that won't go away. FCC RM-2493 Empty
PostSubject: The 33 year old rumor that won't go away. FCC RM-2493   The 33 year old rumor that won't go away. FCC RM-2493 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 29, 2008 7:48 pm

It has come to my attention in the past month or so that there is an email being forwarded about an FCC ruling on banning religious broadcasting from the airwaves. The "alleged" petition is given the number 2493.

The petition was started in 1975 and has cost the FCC countless dollars and hours as they have had to respond to millions of inquiries about this. It is not true. The original petition was labeled RM-2493 and two men by the names of Jeremy D. Lansman and Lorenzo W. Milam asked the FCC to look into operating practices of stations licensed to religious organizations. The FCC denied them on August 1, 1975.

You can check out the following links to read all about it. Detective

Official FCC website

Wikipedia.com

About.com Urban Legends

Please let others know about this hoax if someone emails it to you. Let's do our part to put an end to it.

If you should ever receive any email that sounds outrageous I would recommend that you check it out with a reputable source before acting on it. In this case the email named Dr. Dobson so I called Focus on the Family and they assured me that it was not true.
Back to top Go down

The 33 year old rumor that won't go away. FCC RM-2493
Page 1 of 1