Big Stone Lake Area Community Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place where Big Stone Lake (and surrounding) area citizens can discuss area news, events and matters of concern.

PortalHomeGalleryHarrison McGuire update on bone marrow transplant. Coolte22Latest imagesSearchHarrison McGuire update on bone marrow transplant. Coolte24Log inRegister

Harrison McGuire update on bone marrow transplant.

Go down 
+2
nascargirl
Lady Hawk
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Lady Hawk
Admin
Admin
Lady Hawk

Number of posts : 622
Job/hobbies : Wife/Mother
Registration date : 2008-05-16

Harrison McGuire update on bone marrow transplant. Empty
PostSubject: Prayer requsted for the Justison family....   Harrison McGuire update on bone marrow transplant. Icon_minitimeSat Jul 05, 2008 1:13 pm

I have just recieved word that the Dennis & Heidi Justison family is requesting prayer for their son Harrison, and their family. Harrison has been battling cancer since December of 2007.

Earlier this week Harrison began having problems and was taken to the hospital. He had a blood clot in his brain. He has been at the hospital all this past week having numerous treatments and is not responding well. Please keep their family in your prayers as they go through this difficult crisis.

If you have any questions you can contact Sandy Goergen at 839-7186

:hart: If you would like to leave a message for the Justison family just hit reply to this post and then you can let them know of your support.
Back to top Go down
nascargirl
Super Poster
Super Poster
nascargirl

Number of posts : 236
Registration date : 2008-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Harrison McGuire update on bone marrow transplant.   Harrison McGuire update on bone marrow transplant. Icon_minitimeSat Jul 05, 2008 7:47 pm

Our family will keep the Justison Family in our daily prayers.

On Computer
nascargirl
Back to top Go down
computerwhiz
Admin
Admin
computerwhiz

Number of posts : 111
Registration date : 2008-05-15

PostSubject: Re: Harrison McGuire update on bone marrow transplant.   Harrison McGuire update on bone marrow transplant. Icon_minitimeSat Jul 05, 2008 9:57 pm

Sad I'm sorry to hear that about Harrison.

:hart: To the Justison's: I'll keep you all in my prayers.
Back to top Go down
http://bigstonelakearearoyalty.blogspot.com
Lady Hawk
Admin
Admin
Lady Hawk

PostSubject: Re: Harrison McGuire update on bone marrow transplant.   Harrison McGuire update on bone marrow transplant. Icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2008 10:06 am

Good news applause

Harrison is awake and responding. Very Happy

He will be taken out of the ICU soon. nurse

Harrison will still need more treatment. doctor

But for now we are relieved that his condition is showing improvement. whee

Thanks to everyone for their prayers and concerns. :hart:
Back to top Go down
nascargirl
Super Poster
Super Poster
nascargirl

PostSubject: Re: Harrison McGuire update on bone marrow transplant.   Harrison McGuire update on bone marrow transplant. Icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2008 8:39 pm

Thank you for the update - it sounds very promising.

The power of prayer.

On Computer
nascargirl
Back to top Go down
Lady Hawk
Admin
Admin
Lady Hawk

PostSubject: Harrison McGuire update on bone marrow transplant.   Harrison McGuire update on bone marrow transplant. Icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2008 9:31 am

I received this request from Heidi Justison and she has asked me to pass it on to everyone.

Please keep Harrison and his family in your prayers.

Lightgirl wrote:
Hi Penny! I just wanted to let you know what was going on. We have been in the Twin Cities for two weeks now. The day you stopped by my house, I had just gotten off the phone with the doctor. She had informed me that Harrison had relapsed and would now need to go for a bone marrow transplant. So we are here at the U. of M. getting prepared for a transplant. We will be here for some months and will not be able to come home. We miss home and everyone there. Please pray for us...Thanks to everyone who has been praying for us or supporting us in some way!

Love in Christ,
Heidi (Justison)

Last edited by Lady Hawk on Tue Dec 16, 2008 11:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Lady Hawk
Admin
Admin
Lady Hawk

PostSubject: Update on Harrison 12/16/08   Harrison McGuire update on bone marrow transplant. Icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2008 11:18 pm

Dec. 15, 2008 7:51 p.m.
Good news- a large amount of leukimia cells have been destroyed but some are still there so he has to go through another round of chemo then he'll be able to receive his cord blood treatment. Bad news- his body isn't handling the chemo very well any more. Heidi is asking all to pray for this situation. She and Toby stay in Harrison's room and will be there until March or April if all goes as planned.

Dec. 16, 2008 8:16 p.m.
Current update to pray about. Because of the intensive chemo Harrison has begun to have some serious side effects. He has not eaten since last Thur. For those who would like his address:

Attn: Univ. of Minn.
Childrens Center
Unit 5B
%Harrison McGuire

Univ. of Minn. Children's Hospital
420 Delaware St. S.E.
Minneapolis, Mn.

Thank-you for your prayers for not only Harrison but also for his family.

If you would like you can also post a comment here on The Forums.
Back to top Go down
nascargirl
Super Poster
Super Poster
nascargirl

PostSubject: Ortonville boy given honorary MPD badge   Harrison McGuire update on bone marrow transplant. Icon_minitimeTue Dec 23, 2008 10:42 pm

Check out this post!

KARE 11 policeman

On Computer

nascargirl
Back to top Go down
Newsie
Newsie

Number of posts : 101
Job/hobbies : student/daughter
Registration date : 2008-05-23

PostSubject: Harrison McGuire update on bone marrow transplant. 12/29/08   Harrison McGuire update on bone marrow transplant. Icon_minitimeSun Dec 28, 2008 9:42 am

This is the latest news regarding Harrison:

"Harrison is off chemo and radiation for a break, he'll probably need one more round before getting his cord blood treatment. Please pray that his body,organs will rebuild and be ready for the next round of chemo and radiation and that this will eradicate all cancer from his body so he can have his cord blood treatment. Of course as soon as they stopped the chemo he began to feel better and his body began to heal. Praise God, now we pray that it is strengthen enough to better handle the next and hopefully the last round. Thank-you for your continued prayers for Harrison and his family."

We'll keep praying for you Harrison.

Oh, by the way, you look very handsome in your new uniform.
Back to top Go down
nascargirl
Super Poster
Super Poster
nascargirl

PostSubject: In our thoughts and prayers...   Harrison McGuire update on bone marrow transplant. Icon_minitimeSun Dec 28, 2008 6:25 pm

The power of prayer -- we are all thinking of you and pray for a good outcome.
If the family has a Caring Bridge site, maybe someone can post the link?

On Computer
nascargirl
Back to top Go down
Lady Hawk
Admin
Admin
Lady Hawk

PostSubject: CaringBridge website.   Harrison McGuire update on bone marrow transplant. Icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 12:07 pm

Harrison (now called Jay) has a CaringBridge website.

Check out the link here.

It is a swell site. The family makes entries to keep everyone informed of his progress. I have never heard of CaringBridge before, what a great organization.
Back to top Go down
nascargirl
Super Poster
Super Poster
nascargirl

PostSubject: Caring Bridge   Harrison McGuire update on bone marrow transplant. Icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 8:52 pm

Thank you for checking on that Lady Hawk. Caring Bridge is a wonder site! Several years ago, we had a staff member who was gravely ill - his family was able to keep all of us updated with current information, and could make an entry as she had time. It would reach all their friends and family at one time. She was able to spend precious time with her husband.

There is a place on the site if people wish to make a donation.

We'll keep him in our thoughts and prayers...

On Computer
nascargirl
Back to top Go down
historylover
historylover

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2009-01-06

PostSubject: Re: Harrison McGuire update on bone marrow transplant.   Harrison McGuire update on bone marrow transplant. Icon_minitimeFri Jan 09, 2009 9:08 am

I just visted Jay's caringbridge website and left a message.
it is a great website. I hope he gets better soon.
Back to top Go down
Kissy
Kissy

Number of posts : 2
Job/hobbies : Student at AZVA
Registration date : 2009-01-15

PostSubject: =   Harrison McGuire update on bone marrow transplant. Icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 2:37 pm

I am keeping Jay and his family in my prayers.

Thanks for the updates. Smile

~Tianna
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/kissymissymay09
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Harrison McGuire update on bone marrow transplant.   Harrison McGuire update on bone marrow transplant. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Harrison McGuire update on bone marrow transplant.
Page 1 of 1