Big Stone Lake Area Community Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place where Big Stone Lake (and surrounding) area citizens can discuss area news, events and matters of concern.

PortalHomeGalleryBLIZZARD WARNING cancellations 12/14/08 FROM 3:00 a.m. Sunda Coolte22Latest imagesSearchBLIZZARD WARNING cancellations 12/14/08 FROM 3:00 a.m. Sunda Coolte24Log inRegister

BLIZZARD WARNING cancellations 12/14/08 FROM 3:00 a.m. Sunda

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Lady Hawk
Admin
Admin
Lady Hawk

Number of posts : 622
Job/hobbies : Wife/Mother
Registration date : 2008-05-16

BLIZZARD WARNING cancellations 12/14/08 FROM 3:00 a.m. Sunda Empty
PostSubject: BLIZZARD WARNING cancellations 12/14/08 FROM 3:00 a.m. Sunday to 6:00 a.m. Monday 12/15/08   BLIZZARD WARNING cancellations 12/14/08 FROM 3:00 a.m. Sunda Icon_minitimeSat Dec 13, 2008 10:55 pm

Here is t he warning we have been waiting for from the weather channel. If you know of any cancellations you can post them on this thread. Be careful, and avoid going out if you can cause it's gonna be cold out there.

TRAVERSE-BIG STONE- MARSHALL-ROBERTS-DAY-CLARK-CODINGTON- GRANT- HAMLIN-DEUEL- INCLUDING THE CITIES OF...WHEATON...ORTONVILLE... BRITTON... SISSETON...WEBSTER... CLARK...WATERTOWN...MILBANK... CASTLEWOOD... CLEAR LAKE 854 PM CST SAT DEC 13 2008
...BLIZZARD WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM 3 AM SUNDAY TO 6 AM CST MONDAY...

A BLIZZARD WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM 3 AM SUNDAY TO 6 AM CST MONDAY.

STRONG NORTH WINDS OF 25 TO 35 MPH WITH GUSTS TO 45 MPH WILL CONTINUE ACROSS THE AREA TONIGHT AND SUNDAY. SNOW COMBINE WITH THE STRONG WINDS... AND RESULT IN BLIZZARD CONDITIONS WITH NEAR ZERO VISIBILITIES AT TIMES. TOTAL SNOW ACCUMULATIONS OF 4 TO 8 INCHES ARE EXPECTED.

DANGEROUSLY COLD WIND CHILLS ARE ALSO EXPECTED SUNDAY AFTERNOON AND SUNDAY NIGHT AND WILL RANGE FROM 20 TO 35 BELOW ZERO.

A BLIZZARD WARNING MEANS SEVERE WINTER WEATHER CONDITIONS ARE EXPECTED OR OCCURRING. FALLING AND BLOWING SNOW WITH STRONG WINDS AND POOR VISIBILITIES ARE LIKELY. THIS WILL LEAD TO WHITEOUT CONDITIONS...MAKING TRAVEL EXTREMELY DANGEROUS. DO NOT TRAVEL. IF YOU MUST TRAVEL...HAVE A WINTER SURVIVAL KIT WITH YOU. IF YOU GET STRANDED...STAY WITH YOUR VEHICLE.

Last edited by Lady Hawk on Sun Dec 14, 2008 12:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Lady Hawk
Admin
Admin
Lady Hawk

Number of posts : 622
Job/hobbies : Wife/Mother
Registration date : 2008-05-16

PostSubject: Check out the radio websites for more cancellations.   BLIZZARD WARNING cancellations 12/14/08 FROM 3:00 a.m. Sunda Icon_minitimeSun Dec 14, 2008 8:35 am

I drove Liberty to the radio station and found Julie already there to keep watch for cancellations due to the storm. There were a few people out there but I wouldn't recommend it. I am used to scraping my windows in a winter storm but only once have I ever had to scrape the inside of my windshield. Ai-yi-yi!! My poor heater couldn't keep up and my inside windshield iced over. Thanks to the trusty long handled ice scraper I bought at Holiday Station in Ortonville I got the inside of my car scraped so I could get back home.

Julie and Liberty are standing watch for us all at KDIO radio. headset

You can check out the radio website to get the latest cancellations.

For anyone cancelling you can use the forum calendar to let people know of the rescheduled dates.

KMSD 1510 AM Cancellations

KDIO 1350 AM Cancellations
Back to top Go down
PartyGalMindy
PartyGalMindy

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2008-10-14

PostSubject: Blizzard   BLIZZARD WARNING cancellations 12/14/08 FROM 3:00 a.m. Sunda Icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2008 5:50 pm

Wasnt this weekend just lovely.??...wow...i know.. i know.. that we live in Minnesota and that we known for 3 days before hand that the storm was gonna hit but for some odd reason i just cant get used too it...and to make matters worse i am the biggest "panzy" driving in bad weather..but we survived this one.....more to come tho....check me out at the store when i was stranded at the store (Holiday) in the pic gallery.....thanks Penny..ur too kind....
Back to top Go down
http://www.partygals.biz/MindyThielke
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: BLIZZARD WARNING cancellations 12/14/08 FROM 3:00 a.m. Sunda   BLIZZARD WARNING cancellations 12/14/08 FROM 3:00 a.m. Sunda Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

BLIZZARD WARNING cancellations 12/14/08 FROM 3:00 a.m. Sunda
Page 1 of 1